Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

25 minutes ago, Izzet is God said:

Yeah I can see it now…Enzo asks for a ball playing midfielder who can challenge Winks for a starting place.

We end up resigning Marty James 🙄

Never understood the Pearson obsession that some of our fans have. Let’s all move on now he’s left another job shall we.

That’s bollocks cos if there was anything he was excellent at was the eye for a player alongside Steve Walsh. 

Could have seen some sense in a parting of ways in the summer when his contract was up. 99% of Nigel's strengths lie in stuff that doesn't happen at 3pm on a Saturday. No bad eggs, unity, fitness, etc. You hand that over to someone who can tweak the tactics and there is potential for seeing a team kick on from those excellent foundations. Think the Champ will be weaker next season too.

8 hours ago, Superjack said:

Bit harsh. Most of us love him as much as you do.

Mind you, I am not 'us' after today. I hope we rot too. Until the Lansdowns leave.

I hope you don't 'rot', well not the BCFC fans anyway. The days of hundreds of fans standing outside board rooms and shouting positive encouragement and advice (ie abuse and other things) have long gone. However, socials seem to be the way to campaign to get changes and remind the owners that you have had enough. Keep up the pressure and make your feelings known on match days. What's the alternative? Boycott the club? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Seriously though I think he'll retire now. He's spoken about it before. 

I'd not rule out him having a chunk of time off and then coming back to manage one of England's youth sides or an international senior side.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd not rule out him having a chunk of time off and then coming back to manage one of England's youth sides or an international senior side.

I thought Wales you know, especially given he loves the area he's in now and would be a good base for him for a role like that. 

Don't think Page has long left anyway.

4 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I hope you don't 'rot', well not the BCFC fans anyway. The days of hundreds of fans standing outside board rooms and shouting positive encouragement and advice (ie abuse and other things) have long gone. However, socials seem to be the way to campaign to get changes and remind the owners that you have had enough. Keep up the pressure and make your feelings known on match days. What's the alternative? Boycott the club? 

Until it is sold, that is exactly what I will be doing.

4 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Seriously though I think he'll retire now. He's spoken about it before. 

Judging by his farewell tweets, it seems he's planning on staying in North Somerset, so you may well be right. 

I think I know his local. I might go and buy him a pint.

16 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Until it is sold, that is exactly what I will be doing.

Perhaps it is about to be sold :dunno:

Pearson got sacked after his first succesfull spell here because the previous owner (Milan Manderic) wanted a big name manager to sell the club to prospective buyers (King Power). Nige wasn't seen as sexy enough and not many would've heard of him in Thailand. Perhaps BCFC are looking for a 'name' to raise the clubs image to attract potential suitors. Fortunately, Rooney is already taken. 

8 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Perhaps it is about to be sold :dunno:

Pearson got sacked after his first succesfull spell here because the previous owner (Milan Manderic) wanted a big name manager to sell the club to prospective buyers (King Power). Nige wasn't seen as sexy enough and not many would've heard of him in Thailand. Perhaps BCFC are looking for a 'name' to raise the clubs image to attract potential suitors. Fortunately, Rooney is already taken. 

So Lampard then. 

Glad I won't be there.

4 hours ago, Flynny said:

Actually sick at this. 3 points off the playoffs, just played Leeds and Leicester in their patch of poor form, 11 first team injuries and a tiny squad with transfer fees not being reinvested. Man was working miracles and looked well placed to challenge for playoffs when injuries subsided.

But also, the man is being investigated for a neurological condition and can barely walk. So utterly, utterly classless. No-one treats my Nige like this.

Watch  them fall now

Edited by foxinsocks