Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

26 minutes ago, Corky said:

NPFC will be fine, we'll be there no matter what.

100x this! 

That’s what irked me about the MSM and their comments about us getting relegated was because we fired rodgers, rather than the reality, which was the mess he created was too hard to fix. 

A good manager leaves with the club in a solid place. A bad one leaves it in a mess. I’m sure Claudio would agree 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

As long as it isn't pro-Hamas, there clearly shouldn't be any case to answer for. 

Another one of them where unless it is anti-one side or the other, FA shouldn't be intervening. Sets a bad precedent for everything else. 

Education or a conversation about the type of things he's tweeting maybe would be more relevant. 

8 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Just done some reading and that saying “from the river to the sea” is used by Hamas (and others, I should add) extensively to call for the eradication of Israel as a state. At best it’s exceptionally clumsy. If, as he says, he wanted to show compassion to Palestinians, I don’t get the feeling that would be the optimal choice of phrasing or action.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/andy-mcdonald-downing-street-robert-halfon-education-secretary-prime-minister-b2438420.html

10 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Just done some reading and that saying “from the river to the sea” is used by Hamas (and others, I should add) extensively to call for the eradication of Israel as a state. At best it’s exceptionally clumsy. If, as he says, he wanted to show compassion to Palestinians, I don’t get the feeling that would be the optimal choice of phrasing or action.

Fair enough, I didn't know it had such powerful connotations. 

39 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Eh, Hamas does use it that way but Hamas are barely representative of Gaza (won 44.5% of the vote 17 years ago in a country where 70% of the population are under 30), let alone all Palestinian Territories. Often it's used to call for Palestinians to have equal rights "from the River to the sea", i.e. to end the atrocities being committed in Gaza and the west bank and for equal treatment within Israeli territory. There's a huge push now for it to be seen primarily as wanting extermination of Israel because propaganda wars. Given Hamza has previously expressed support for Palestinian liberation (FA cup final) I'd doubt he's doing it to inflame any antisemitism

Edited by The Doctor
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Beechey said:

It’s a phrase used a lot in a lot of contexts throughout the Arab world. Like many things it has been adopted by militant groups and extremists too. A bit like our national anthem triggers some people. Do you think Hamza meant the eradication of Israel?