Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

15 hours ago, Izzet is God said:

Yeah I can see it now…Enzo asks for a ball playing midfielder who can challenge Winks for a starting place.

We end up resigning Marty James 🙄

Never understood the Pearson obsession that some of our fans have. Let’s all move on now he’s left another job shall we.

One can like all things dwell & go OTT, over a respected managers era and a decent legacy he leaves behind.. 

But as you say, one as to learn to let go. 

I will never post anything bad over the guy, even be more than thankfully grateful  for what he gave us... And there it rests... 

16 hours ago, Izzet is God said:

Yeah I can see it now…Enzo asks for a ball playing midfielder who can challenge Winks for a starting place.

We end up resigning Marty James 🙄

Never understood the Pearson obsession that some of our fans have. Let’s all move on now he’s left another job shall we.

Says a man with the username @Izzet is God 😂😂😂

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Reading this you have to wonder how anyone could possibly dislike him (least of all our own fans). 

Think you got that wrong. I can think of no man who would find the nigh on deification of him seen on here, more inappropriate  than Pearson, could be wrong, maybe he would love it. :dunno: Think it’s that sycophantic borrowed glory from some that is just plain weird and creepy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Reading this you have to wonder how anyone could possibly dislike him (least of all our own fans). 

I imagine there's a large correlation between those people and the people that still think Brendan is elite and nothing was his fault. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

Marti Cifuentes is the new QPR coach. Me neither, but it seems he's had experience coaching in Scandinavian countries, as well as under 19 teams in Holland and the UK (at Millwall). 

Useful article on him here, from Sky Sports:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11688/12996862/marti-cifuentes-exclusive-interview-new-qpr-coach-arrives-with-fresh-ideas-from-scandinavia-via-ajax-and-even-millwall

TL;DR: Was Hammarby coach, who had two games left of the season. Cruyff disciple, and likes to develop youth, so QPR going back to trying to be a ball-playing side that develops players to sell on it seems.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Hamza's tweet being investigated by the FA

If I was running a club then players would not be allowed to use social media - it just leads to bans.  I accept that individual player have views and thery have a right to express themselves... but the consequences impact their employers

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Cov fans' mouth at the start of the season is really coming full circle on them isn't it. 

Callum Doyle, it could have been you!

They needed to go up last season really. Robins was never gonna replicate a top 6 finish again, even with the amazing job he has done.

They've spent a lot of money on players who haven't justified the fee.

I know they've played more games at this stage than last season, but this time last season they had around the same number of points as now. Their form post World Cup last season was incredible.

Edited by Fox92

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They needed to go up last season really. Robins was never gonna replicate a top 6 finish again, even with the amazing job he has done.

They've spent a lot of money on players who haven't justified the fee.

I know they've played more games at this stage than last season, but this time last season they had around the same number of points as now. Their form post World Cup last season was incredible.

Last season was a brilliant opportunity; sadly for them they sold their 2 star players and haven't invested wisely as of yet. I still don't think Ellis Simms was a good buy for the money either.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think you got that wrong. I can think of no man who would find the nigh on deification of him seen on here, more inappropriate  than Pearson, could be wrong, maybe he would love it. :dunno: Think it’s that sycophantic borrowed glory from some that is just plain weird and creepy.

So you're saying people hate Pearson because they love that he would love the fact that they hate the people who love him? Say whaaaaaat? 

12 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

So you're saying people hate Pearson because they love that he would love the fact that they hate the people who love him? Say whaaaaaat? 

Yes

or

I’m saying that some people don’t hate him, but that some people clearly require restraining orders and it’s the same  thing from a different starting point

Just cannot see a world where Pearson would be supportive of the evident collective………worship? But I don’t know him, perhaps he would?   :dunno:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

If I was running a club then players would not be allowed to use social media - it just leads to bans.  I accept that individual player have views and thery have a right to express themselves... but the consequences impact their employers

I don't understand this. Choudhury or any Choudhury have the right to free speech and the human right to share/express their opinion. What FA is doing here is disgusting, Stalin methodology. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I don't understand this. Choudhury or any Choudhury have the right to free speech and the human right to share/express their opinion. What FA is doing here is disgusting, Stalin methodology. 

I guess when it comes to politics it is maybe not wise, depending on the club's stance too. 

He also ran around the pitch with a Palestinian flag after our FA Cup win. Maybe not the place. 

It's such a grey area.

27 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Its grey because there is the argument that the player is also representing their employer on SM. Like it or not -  a huge amount of their posts are linked to training and match days. Football clubs are very social oriented, so the link is very apparent. 

We are living in an era where political figures are fired for calling for cease fires in this conflict. Many are ready to jump down someones throat reading any meaning they want into someones posts. Hamza obviously (and rightly so) feels passionate about the people and im not learned enough to understand the implications of one of his posts. I presume he probably doesn't understand either. Probably best he keeps off SM for the time being and co-operates with that club who will hopefully come to the conclusion that Hamza is completely harmless in the grand scheme of what is going on.

• Like 2