Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

9 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

I guess when it comes to politics it is maybe not wise, depending on the club's stance too. 

He also ran around the pitch with a Palestinian flag after our FA Cup win. Maybe not the place. 

It's such a grey area.

If there's something in his contract which he signed I would agree to a degree. Most probably though there's nothing in his contract preventing Choudhury expressing such opinions because it's not the first time he did it.

You need to take into account also that almost everything in life is politics. We're swimming in very dangerous waters when we're trying to shut down and take disciplinary action against free speech and opinions. 

• Like 1

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12997167/sheffield-wednesday-owner-dejphon-chansiri-calls-for-fans-to-raise-2m-to-save-the-club-from-three-window-transfer-ban

Not sure of the best place to post but found the reading of this article eye opening.

We’ve had our moans at the ownership. No more than last season. This however is a pretty bold statement to make.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Its grey because there is the argument that the player is also representing their employer on SM. Like it or not -  a huge amount of their posts are linked to training and match days. Football clubs are very social oriented, so the link is very apparent. 

We are living in an era where political figures are fired for calling for cease fires in this conflict. Many are ready to jump down someones throat reading any meaning they want into someones posts. Hamza obviously (and rightly so) feels passionate about the people and im not learned enough to understand the implications of one of his posts. I presume he probably doesn't understand either. Probably best he keeps off SM for the time being and co-operates with that club who will hopefully come to the conclusion that Hamza is completely harmless in the grand scheme of what is going on.

There's no doubt Hamza and his opinions are harmless. He approaches the matter in a humanitarian way. If you don't cross the legal boundaries it's perfectly fine to speak your opinion. If FA and other authority bodies want to act like dictators it's not good. We're living now in a world where people are scared to share their opinion. We're going backwards unfortunately and I'm talking about 80s or 90s, we're heading to Medieval Age I'm afraid. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Daggers said:

You’re not a real fan if you don’t have a NFP shrine with candles and shit.

You are dead on, my man. 

nigevotive.JPG.8e1b5b6f1a4952ff4c86a01134a8a19f.JPG

We can't keep them in stock at Demigod Supply Company!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I don't understand this. Choudhury or any Choudhury have the right to free speech and the human right to share/express their opinion. What FA is doing here is disgusting, Stalin methodology. 

Freedom of speech reaches a line when said speech is about violating the freedom of others i.e calling for the eradication of Israel - a very common interpretation and definitely the way Hamas intend to use this slogan. 

There are a million other ways Hamza could phrase his support, the club isn't stopping him from doing that. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Freedom of speech reaches a line when said speech is about violating the freedom of others i.e calling for the eradication of Israel - a very common interpretation and definitely the way Hamas intend to use this slogan. 

There are a million other ways Hamza could phrase his support, the club isn't stopping him from doing that. 

Like most things it can be more nuanced and not every Palestinian is a Hamas terrorist.  I agree he should be a little more careful in todays climate, but todays climate is crap and, as someone said, we are slipping back to a time where you can’t say nowt. 

• Like 2

In a further extension of football chairmen etc, don’t know a lot about the game, here’s another example 

So they think the squad is good enough for the Premier League. A squad that Pearson built but he also mentions the lengthy injury list which has held him back. 

So let’s just look at this realistically. Bristol City are 21 points behind Leicester and 16 (and likely to be 19) behind Ipswich. So you’ve sacked a manager because you want to get realistically into the playoffs which are well known lottery alongside talent which also contains as it stands Leeds and Southampton. 

If he thought this would help the explanation out for Bristol City fans, it really doesn’t. It does the opposite and gives them no confidence they actually know what they are doing. Zero football brain, very Man U almost 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

In a further extension of football chairmen etc, don’t know a lot about the game, here’s another example 

So they think the squad is good enough for the Premier League. A squad that Pearson built but he also mentions the lengthy injury list which has held him back. 

So let’s just look at this realistically. Bristol City are 21 points behind Leicester and 16 (and likely to be 19) behind Ipswich. So you’ve sacked a manager because you want to get realistically into the playoffs which are well known lottery alongside talent which also contains as it stands Leeds and Southampton. 

If he thought this would help the explanation out for Bristol City fans, it really doesn’t. It doesn’t the opposite 

Mentions 'progressive' and 'front foot' a few times. I imagine they are fed up being in the building phase of the project and think someone else can make an immediate impact. Fair play to them if it works out.

Still maintain Bristol City were one of the worst sides i saw at the KP this season. Woeful.

13 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Mentions 'progressive' and 'front foot' a few times. I imagine they are fed up being in the building phase of the project and think someone else can make an immediate impact. Fair play to them if it works out.

Still maintain Bristol City were one of the worst sides i saw at the KP this season. Woeful.

The only reason they’ve got rid is because Nigel was honest enough in interviews to question the ownership, they waited for a couple of bad results and he was gone. Bad results that were likely a product of an awful injury list.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

‘progressive’ and ‘front foot’ Bristol City are close to appointing John Eustace. 

Not far off like for like. Don’t why they just weren’t honest and said the relationship with Pearson was done 

Bristol City are just seeing small clubs like Luton, Bournemouth, Brentford, Brighton, Huddersfield etc have their time in the sun whilst they're forever languishing in the second & third tier. They're not a big club and they don't have big finances behind them so I'm not really sure what the owner expects. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Based Hamza being kept down. This is ridiculous. Embarrassing wet wipes in the FA

I think players should be entitled to support the Palestinian people but not by using the deliberately provacative and very murky phrase "from the river to the sea."

I dont think Hamza should be punished but you can be rightly supportive without endorsing anti-Semitic rhetoric. 

Edited by Tanya

Agreed Hamza didn’t need to make references just come out and say “stop the bombing of innocent people!”. Ceasefire or something to that effect. Anyway it’s out there now. Hope he gets back to focusing on the big game against leeds

On 31/10/2023 at 13:52, CosbehFox said:

If he thought this would help the explanation out for Bristol City fans, it really doesn’t. It does the opposite and gives them no confidence they actually know what they are doing. Zero football brain, very Man U almost 

Oh the ultimate Nepo Baby. 

Daddy only usually let's him out once a season with his crayons to play at designing the goalkeeper kits...you can see why he doesn't let him out to do interviews very often.

Even in a scripted, soft touch interview like this he still comes across as a scared, clueless little boy.

Cowardly and entitled and not fit to lace Nige's shiny whites.

• Like 4