Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

27 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Nige was a bit of an oracle at Derby tho. Called out Mel Morris at the time and Derby fans hated Nige for it. Proven true in the end. 

Yeah, I was being a little facetious anyway. Pearson wasn't there that long and tends to need time to implement his methods, as he's a builder. 

I do wonder with Lampard though that this reputation he has is a consequence of the basket case clubs he's managed. I know that can be said of all managers, there's very little mitigating circumstances allowed to measure their abilities but had Lampard dropped back down to the Championship after his exploits at Chelsea the 1st time around then his managerial CV and reputation may well have a different look and feel to it.

Bristol City do not have a squad to really challenge promotion without some serious team unity, momentum and a set up that is worth more than the individual parts. All of that is very difficult to foster quickly. The managers who hit the ground running, tend to do so because the club has been massively underperforming and the quality is already there. I think this is another dangerous job for him to take.

37 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

:teehee:

Yay! Let's demote/relegate an incompetent ref because Championship has different football rules, there are no fouls or offsides in Championship, everyone playing there is doing it as a hobby. The majority of footballers in Championship are doctors, lawyers etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

For the penalty against us last week. Harsh on Taylor as it wasn't his fault giving it in real time, it was the VAR official Jared Gillett who's completely useless and didn't do his job properly. 

Isn't Gillett the same one that sent off Lemina a while back?

Quite interesting how some clubs can demand they don't get the same refs again, but Wolves, for example, will probably continue to get Gillett unless they kick up a huge fuss...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

So funny how these dullards are like yeah that guy is shit and really ****ed up. Shall we suspend him? Nah stick him in the championship so he can **** up one of their games.

Tbf if they suspended refs every time they made a significant error the game would grind to a halt in a couple of weeks.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Isn't Gillett the same one that sent off Lemina a while back?

Quite interesting how some clubs can demand they don't get the same refs again, but Wolves, for example, will probably continue to get Gillett unless they kick up a huge fuss...

Yep that's him. They brought him over from Australia because he was supposed to be a great ref. 

25 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Yep that's him. They brought him over from Australia because he was supposed to be a great ref. 

I was a big fan of him, watched him in the A-league and he did stand out to be fair. Sadly doesn't seem to have hit the heights expected of a referee here. 

• Like 1