Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 minute ago, Simonb said:

Had them down as an outsider for play offs.. didn't expect them to start the way they have though. 

He is obviously a very talented Manager. I thought they would show signs of dropping off by now, but they keep going!

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Has anyone managed to watch the Ipswich game? Not been able to watch as my usual site didn't work for me. Just wondered if they were that good. 

Ipswich were dreadful for 60mins..lots of possession but didn't create anything.

Birmingham tired and then Ipswich had upper hand. 

Draw probably fair result 

Just now, EastAnglianFox said:

Southampton score a ridiculous amount of late late goals

Happy we have a nice cushion still from them and Leeds. Both are starting to show some decent form. 

I think this is one of the hardest seasons to get out of the Championship due to the strength of the teams that came down. 

Add to that an impressive Sunderland, West Brom and a surprisingly good Ipswich. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Simonb said:

Leeds will be 10 points off the top 2 when Ipswich beat Rotherham.. I expect Leeds to go on a run and close the gap a bit.. but it's still a massive gap to close 

Not only to just catch up, but also to then go on and have better form than us for the rest of the season. Huge ask!

They will have wobbles and bad patches along the way. Our gap is crucial and we just need to match their form for the rest of the season now. Very doable considering the poorer sides in the league. I think Leeds might be able to pull Ipswich in closer though. 

9 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

He is obviously a very talented Manager. I thought they would show signs of dropping off by now, but they keep going!

I reckon they finish 4th. They were by far the best team in league Two, albeit they came second somehow. Top scorers and defence. They're relentless.