Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Just now, STUHILL said:

Not only to just catch up, but also to then go on and have better form than us for the rest of the season. Huge ask!

They will have wobbles and bad patches along the way. Our gap is crucial and we just need to match their form for the rest of the season now. Very doable considering the poorer sides in the league. I think Leeds might be able to pull Ipswich in closer though. 

Fully agree.. I do think they have slightly better depth in their squad.. but then again we do have a few injuries, Cannon, yunus, wilf, Dennis, Doyle..  

But that's what I said to my son..  every game we wins another game ticked off, doesn't matter if they win. We have to lose 4 games that they must win, then they have to match or better the rest of our season. Big ask.

I'd guess they'll lose at least 4 more games by the end of the season, can't see us losing 8 more... yesterday was a wake up call I hope.. been sloppy lately and gotten away with it

Be nice if we could have a 5 game winning streak now just to reiterate our position.

• Like 1

Ipswich have dropped 2 points, great news?

With the squad Leeds have, an experienced manager who's won this League twice and a stadium with fans absolutely bouncing it's no surprise they've straightened themselves out. We've flown out of the traps but with the injuries our performances haven't been the best, yet our quality has still mostly seen us through. Just need to get the players back fit and hopefully the realisation for the fans that this isn't a foregone conclusion can add some risk into the equation so we can get the ground shaking at home again.

14 minutes ago, Koke said:

Leeds are top 3 best teams in the league. Losing to then is not a disgrace. We'll beat most teams in the league. We can afford to lose a game or two because we've earned the big cushion we created for ourselves. I'm not worried at all. 

You keep telling us you're not worried lol

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Koke said:

Leeds are top 3 best teams in the league. Losing to then is not a disgrace. We'll beat most teams in the league. We can afford to lose a game or two because we've earned the big cushion we created for ourselves. I'm not worried at all. 

3 minutes ago, Langston said:

You keep telling us you're not worried lol

I fully agree by the way! 

Well I hope that Ipswich continue to win and win every week and keep pace with us. It motivates us and they are by far the preferable option to go up compared to Leeds, Southampton, West Brom. I'd really like to see the in the Prem again. 

Dream scenario Us first, Ipswich 2nd and M`boro in the playoffs I reckon. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Sad reflection of the inbalance between the Prem and EFL however that the 3 relegated clubs will probably end up filling the top 3 spots come season end.

Yet all three promoted teams stayed up last season.

49 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

It's just occurred to me that back in 2019, it was bloody Farke, as manager of a crap Norwich team, who did a job on us to get a draw at the KP after we'd won 8 PL games on the trot. We were never the same after that under Rodgers. Hope history isn't repeated. 

Went back to check the match report for that game. We were in the most fake "title challenge" ever lol 

Screenshot_20231104_205431_Chrome.thumb.jpg.29db5d0e22c8c4547d68a68aa37bb22f.jpg

• Haha 1