Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Different season? 

No, same season in 2019/20. Vardy was on 8 successive games in a row scoring, we won 8 in a row then drew 1-1, pukki and a krul own goal. The one where Rodgers subbed Iheanacho off for not returning the ball after Norwich cleared it out during an injury 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

No, same season in 2019/20. Vardy was on 8 successive games in a row scoring, we won 8 in a row then drew 1-1, pukki and a krul own goal. The one where Rodgers subbed Iheanacho off for not returning the ball after Norwich cleared it out during an injury 

Oh yeah I was getting mixed up, ignore me! 

9 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Funnily enough one of those to come the closest to bringing his own record from 2015!

In fact since then, has anyone else scored in 8 consecutive games?

2 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Funnily enough one of those to come the closest to bringing his own record from 2015!

In fact since then, has anyone else scored in 8 consecutive games?

Nope. 

Just Willock and Salah have come closest (7).

Were people thinking we were just gonna win 45 games out of 46? We’ll do well to win over 30. 

Ipswich have a week where they play 3 games, the pressure is on as they’ve already dropped 2 points. Fail to win both of their games and it’ll have been a good week for us. 

Leeds and Southampton need to put together a winning run of 7/8 games to catch us, and that’s providing we hit a bad run of form. If we carry on our current form then they probably need to win 30 in a row to catch us. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Chair's goal was pretty decent yesterday. 

Target for January perhaps? 

Suppose it depends if we think he has got what it takes to transition to the PL - he's 26 now so does he still have the ability to progress? I thought he looked good against us as well mind you.  My issue with the January window is should we be buying Championship level players, or should we be looking for younger you can progress? I think it's going to be a tough window to crack.

5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Suppose it depends if we think he has got what it takes to transition to the PL - he's 26 now so does he still have the ability to progress? I thought he looked good against us as well mind you.  My issue with the January window is should we be buying Championship level players, or should we be looking for younger you can progress? I think it's going to be a tough window to crack.

26 is still a good age to buy for with an eye to getting some good years out of him for PL. 

Hamer is doing well in PL with Sheff Utd and he's 26 too. 

Vardy was 27 by the time we got promoted :ph34r:

13 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Am a little surprised that Coventry are currently where they are, to be honest.

Have got quite a decent squad.

Big talk from their fans before the season started - and their sitting 20th Their fans still support Robins but for how much longer I wonder.

• Like 1