Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

12 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Ipswich has dropped points last couple of games and were lucky to beat Plymouth. They had a stonewall pen and read card not given. 

I agree. All I’m saying is worse case scenario is we go into the international break picking up no points in our last 2 games. Ipswich will have gained at least 2 points on us. 

3 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Ipswich are running out of steam. 

A little wobble,the tractor hasn’t yet lost its trailer.

Like us coming from our last defeat,they have some breathing space,

& can conjure up another consistent run..

I hope they do …Ramsey‘s and Bobby Robsons career were built on the back

of their Ipswich successes…Maybe we are looking at a future England manager…

Competition for us is healthy & keeps us honest..

Ipswich carry no baggage, a neutrals dream team..

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Ipswich are running out of steam. 

3 wins and 2 draws in 5.  If this is their low ebb they're in good shape.

I do think they're unlikely to hold off Leeds and Southampton for second, but I'm not writing them off yet.  I don't think their success is a mirage but I don't think they have the squad depth of the 3 PL demotees.

There was never any way us and Ipswich could keep up our ridiculous starts to the season. In the Championship there is always strange results, I remember going to the Hawthorns in the season we were relegated and WBA were flying and we beat them 4-1. There will be a lot of freak results along the way.

The question is, is anyone in the chasing back good enough to win 12 or more points than us over 31 games? 

• Like 1