Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

31 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Ohh I know. But what they are doing is incredible and a step above what we’ve been doing in reality. They are the story for me, not us. 

Course. We're expected to go up, we've got the big names and spent big money.

22 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

I think people are misjudging 'going direct' with us not being 'clinical'.  In the last 2 defeats we've not been battered, and were a Meslier fingertip away (and a Fatawu shot) from a draw, and we were all over Middlesbrough in the second half. Against borough in particular, the issue was our 2 central offensive players were way off it, and i don't really think we had anything on the bench that was going to change that (assuming Cannon just isn't ready to come on yet).

If we were on the receiving ends of batterings and completely out of games I would understand why a plan b should be mooted. But it's a million miles away from that. 16 games in, if the team haven't trained extensively in a completely different formation, then i don't see any sense in chucking 2 up top and 'giving it a go' just for the sake of it. 

Enzo will work at this and tweak what he thinks is needed. Work needs to done with the strikers, and the KDH/Cassadei role. If we are clinical and a bit more direct there then it changes a huge amount without ripping up the formation. Defenders will be less inclined to double on the wingers because the threat centrally is too great, which in turns releases the wingers more.

Lastly, i think we all forget that Enzo likely didn't get everything he wanted in the summer window. We know Daka should have been on the way out and it was very likely a more creative attacking player was coming in. I expect reinforcements to enforce the plan in the winter, now the whole management team have a clearer vision on what's needed.

:appl:If all fans can take this in, let the proverbial penny drop.. 

Post of the month. 

What we seem to be forgetting, in and over all these 15 games, Enzo has tweaked and changed things.. PLAN A as not yet been shown to be shown in any particular form... The system & ideas are there, but no final product.. 

Every OPPO will work out how every opposition way of playing... It's Doing something about it, and preventing it. working on & over 2/3s of a season each season, not forgetting built in versionsand the accompanying tweaks of positions or individual players.The 3 losses did not mean those teams solved the puzzle, they took an opportunity to take on a few cracks within the individual GameDay set up, the system was not compromised, but proved it will roll on... 

We can't judge a system until it's last cogs have been positioned and IMO we are a good 1-2 seasons off, we are still in the beginnings of implementing & creating it. Enzo has said this, nearly every week, even when winning.. Also by his selectional changes..

We have a base blue print, that is all.. Plan A, B or C just doesn't come into it.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Rotherham are a funny team aren’t they? They look really decent in spells, good energy, great physicality at play some decent stuff at times. Thought the same when I watched them against Ipswich too.

1 point away from home is their problem.

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1