Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

8 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Why do you guys want West Brom to win? Do you want all the other teams to be more motivated and have hopes for an automatic promotion? Can't really understand it. We need us and Ipswich to run away from all the others, crash their hopes, put more pressure to them mentally. 

let everyone fight it out for 2nd we can run away with it at the top

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

let everyone fight it out for 2nd we can run away with it at the top

Yes, I understand this but because of the nature of this league I'm not yet convinced we can easily run away with it. We're two classes above but I'd rather have all the others chasing desperately 2 teams than 1. 

9 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Why do you guys want West Brom to win? Do you want all the other teams to be more motivated and have hopes for an automatic promotion? Can't really understand it. We need us and Ipswich to run away from all the others, crash their hopes, put more pressure to them mentally. 

I think it’s more about wanting sides around us to fail to build momentum . The top half sides are going to be taking lumps out of each other over the season and we have points in the bank  already albeit with some potential challengers still to play so if we’re winning this from the front we need to be in a clear lead IMO 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Yes, I understand this but because of the nature of this league I'm not yet convinced we can easily run away with it. We're two classes above but I'd rather have all the others chasing desperately 2 teams than 1. 

Win on Wednesday and we are half way there to getting promoted that's all that matters

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Whenever two teams near the top play each other, you want the team furthest from us to win. If that happens every time it's the best outcome for us. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Leicester City and Manchester City  jointly hold the record for most second tier titles - seven.  We win this league and we go clear and win more silverware. 

It;s all about the title for me.  It would almost make relegation worth it,

Second place is for losers.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

WBA were 16 points behind, 13 if they win this game, if they manage to catch us up and go past us they'll probably have to win about 27 out of 29 games, providing our current form stays as it is (2.47 points a game).

Even if our form drops off they're surely likely to need to win 20+ out of 29 to overtake us.

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

Queue the Ipswich run of poor form and results. It’s long overdue and they’ve been punching above their weight so far. 

Yeah I think you may be right. They were never going to be able to sustain this with their all out attack style and their players are mid table at best really, it's the manager and momentum that is keeping them up there.

TBF if they make the playoffs, which they look extremely good for, they've done fantastically well.  And I think given time to reflect their fans would see it that way too. Think they'll be a force next season too IF they can keep McKenna whch is quite the if.