Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

It seems around 43 points is enough to avoid relegation. So one more win would see us avoid the banana skin double relegation. Not bad to be safe after only 18 games if we can beat "Wednesday on Wednesday".

On a plus note we have 9 games including at home to Huddersfield 1st Jan. Securing 21 more points would leave us 4 wins away from securing a play off place. Average points required about 74.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Really disappointing.

its a few hours you look forward too all week and leave early.

Don’t get it.

Don't get it either. I went to watch Orient vs Oxford a couple of weeks ago and a sizeable chunk of the crowd around me missed 3/5 goals by leaving early before half time and coming back late. 

19 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Thought commentators were spot on saying Baggies have gone under the radar. I thought they looked very good and have got a decent style to them. They will be tough opponents in a few weeks time. 

+11 goal diff (same as Leeds) plus wins over Ipswich, Preston and Hull.

Probably an excellent shout to make the top six.

• Like 1

With the fixtures mounting up this is where we can really start to flex the muscle of our squad. Getting Ndidi, Praet, Yunus and Cannon all back was absolutely perfect timing. Being able to rotate 7 quality players in the engine room is a luxury no other team in the league has. The only position I'm a bit concerned about is the Ricardo role and Justin, we'll probably be leaning on Hamza quite heavily. Might even get to see Souttar and Coady at some point. 

Ipswich will be running on fumes by the time we play them with a bit of luck. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sharpylcfc said:

After playing Watford on Saturday just makes you realise how poor the Championship really is. Like if we really went for it in most games generally could see us scoring 3 or 4.

It's the quality of finishing that is so poor compared to the PL. Even we have conceded so many chances that haven't been taken by the opposition, yet in the PL those chances would have been converted 99% of the time.

I watched the Spurs Villa game yesterday on TV and Watkins needed one chance to score really. And I woudln't consider him to be the same level as top PL forwards such as Haaland or Salah. There are players in the PL that need only one chance to score and that's the difference. That wins you games.

• Like 3

On 25/11/2023 at 19:34, Nolucklcfc said:

Ipswich have been incredible but that West Brom result isn’t surprising at all 

Didnt people say the same about us in our title season.

I watched the WBA game and its very easy to see why they up there, they get the ball forward very quickly and their forward players have confidence.

They were going to lose at some point.

31 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It's the quality of finishing that is so poor compared to the PL. Even we have conceded so many chances that haven't been taken by the opposition, yet in the PL those chances would have been converted 99% of the time.

I watched the Spurs Villa game yesterday on TV and Watkins needed one chance to score really. And I woudln't consider him to be the same level as top PL forwards such as Haaland or Salah. There are players in the PL that need only one chance to score and that's the difference. That wins you games.

That's true. That's the thing I think with how poor the finishing is we haven't really had to play at our best to win. I know we've lost games where we haven't took our chances in games where we have we've won the game. If we play at our best and I think we'd score 4 or 5 goals and win comfortable.

This is the championship table after round 17 last season. We have ten points more than Burnley had at this stage. It really is testament to how well Ipswich have done that we are only 3 points clear at the top with 42 points. 

Screenshot_20231127_192516_Chrome.jpg

Edited by BenTheFox

49 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

This is the championship table after round 17 last season. We have ten points more than Burnley had at this stage. It really is testament to how well Ipswich have done that we are only 3 points clear at the top with 42 points. 

Screenshot_20231127_192516_Chrome.jpg

QPR's decline really is incredible. Corberan has done a great job at West Brom as well.

On 26/11/2023 at 01:50, TrentFox said:

Thought commentators were spot on saying Baggies have gone under the radar. I thought they looked very good and have got a decent style to them. They will be tough opponents in a few weeks time. 

I thought they looked bang average! 

any time any club has 1/2 decent games, someone on here, will claim they will be the ones to watch before a swift decline. (norwich, sunderland, southampton, preston, hull, blackburn, middlesborough ) i’m sure west brom will just be the next to look good for a bit before losing to bottom of the league 😂

Edited by Lambert09

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

any time any club has 1/2 decent games, someone on here, will claim they will be the ones to watch before a swift decline. (norwich, sunderland, southampton, preston, hull, blackburn, middlesborough ) i’m sure west brom will just be the next to look good for a bit before losing to bottom of the league 😂

West Brom have been steady all season, dead certs for the play offs, squad not strong enough for automatics most probably. Corberan is one of, if not, the best coaches in the Championship. He has done great at getting more than expected with the squads he’s been in charge of!

• Like 1