Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

3 minutes ago, nnfox said:

I find it interesting that the championship is regarded as a very difficult league and "championship experience" has such a high perceived value, yet none of the top 4 were in the championship last season.

Managers without experience of this level doing very well like Maresca, McKenna and Rosenior. Even at the bottom Cifuentes and Rohl are improving their teams.

Guest nathan.
Just now, Free Falling Foxes said:

I'm sure I heard the Sky commentator say at full time, that the championship is the most watched league in the world.

Is that correct? I thought the Premier league was?

One of the most watched 

What Ipswich are doing is frankly unreal. We've seen teams come up from League One and do well in Championship in the past but nothing like this before. To come up and win 14 out of their first 19 is something else. At the risk of sounding like a Big 6 supporter in 2015/16, surely they can't keep this up? 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

What Ipswich are doing is frankly unreal. We've seen teams come up from League One and do well in Championship in the past but nothing like this before. To come up and win 14 out of their first 19 is something else. At the risk of sounding like a Big 6 supporter in 2015/16, surely they can't keep this up? 

Ipswich scored over a 100 goals last season in league one 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I think they will personally. Seems like a season where everything just goes for them 

16 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I think they will. The standard below the top 8 is really, really poor. Such a good head start against a lot of dross. I do echo what someone else said in that they seem to be playing Coventry / Stoke / Birmingham every week. Be nice for them to have a tough run of fixtures.

1 hour ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I'm sure I heard the Sky commentator say at full time, that the championship is the most watched league in the world.

Is that correct? I thought the Premier league was?

‘One of’ not ‘The’

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I think they will. The standard below the top 8 is really, really poor. Such a good head start against a lot of dross. I do echo what someone else said in that they seem to be playing Coventry / Stoke / Birmingham every week. Be nice for them to have a tough run of fixtures.

Ipswich must’ve played Coventry at home 4 times already this season 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Real acid test for Ipswich over the next 5 games:

Boro A

Watford A

Their big derby at home to Norwich

Leeds A

Us at home

Middlesbrough and Watford are garbage. Just coz Middlesbrough beat us with a freak 35 yard free kick perfection don't make them good. 

The other three are tough. 

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Real acid test for Ipswich over the next 5 games:

Boro A

Watford A

Their big derby at home to Norwich

Leeds A

Us at home

Tractor boys will win 3 games & draw 2…They can’t fail with Hirst running their front line..

EOS no matter if we win the league by5- 15pms,it will be all about Ipswich..

They are doing great & will carry on doing so,they have a top squad and seem a decent set of players.

They won’t fall off..might have some wobbles,but will still manage automatic promotion..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Leeds next 6 games -

Blackburn Rovers (A)

Sunderland (A) 

Coventry City (H)

Ipswich Town (H)

Preston North End (A)

West Bromwich Albion (A)

I think they will be dropping points over December with that run in. 4 away games out of those 6 too. 

I am less bothered about Ipswich, simply because I care way more about that gap to 3rd. 

The manner of the win today was huge and I think relieved some pressure that has been building around the squad. You could see that in the post match interviews. 

I think we have a real chance to extend the gap over December. However, we have to kick on after today and can't stay in this mini lull. 

Preston is in freefall and they'll see Coventry as a game they should take.  The others are tough and Ipswich is obviously huge, as that may well wind up as the battle for the second promotion slot (with Southampton having a lot to say about it).

• Like 1