Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

4 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Oh really, didnt know that.

Their financial position is very iffy. Be interesting to say who stays and goes but you’d think Ward-Prowse, Lavia, Livramento and Alcatraz will be gone soon. Doesn’t leave them with much 

9 hours ago, foxinsox said:

Looking at the fixtures, it looks like Wednesday is the midweek fixture night. Is that a new thing, or is it just because it's us?

Matches are split with half on Tuesday and the other six on Wedensday.

2 hours ago, Simmo86 said:

Southampton are about to get raided.

They’ll still be up there but doubt they’ll win the league. 

Crazy how the likes of Livramento is going for £15m. He's talented but hugely injury prone and I wonder why he's moving on seamlessly for a decent fee and none of ours are yet.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Crazy how the likes of Livramento is going for £15m. He's talented but hugely injury prone and I wonder why he's moving on seamlessly for a decent fee and none of ours are yet.

Bar Maddison & Barnes the rest the the bunch we need rid of are being chased by tight arse Italian clubs lol and that Rudkin won’t budge an inch with them! 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

clubs are waiting til the end of the window I suppose knowing the player will get desperate not to be playing Championship football

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Surely the simple answer to that would be the wage hit right?

On 26/06/2023 at 03:43, Daggers said:

You should apply to become a board member, you appear to have the requisite skills.

Oh no one doesn't apply for such things.  Traditionally one either resigns from a job announcing they are "stepping back from full-time corporate life" with a focus on the please approach me for part time NED roles or is already mates with the chairman from 3 other boards.

13 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I can see Southampton winning the league, no idea about how we'll do given we have no idea who'll be left.

Russell Martin I just don't get the appeal, done a couple of okay years at Swansea but not exactly set the world alight. I do think with the size of Southampton they could done have better in terms of appointment. Gary Monk would be a good fit for them, seeing he's been there as player, as a good idea at this level.

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's actually £12m plus Ryan Fraser.... so £10m when you take out his 'can't be ****ed anymore' tax in January and they have to sign a replacement.

I get the feeling Martin might be another 'it was the assistant who was good' type of manager.

He had Luke Williams with him at MK Dons and at the start of his time at Swansea, Luke has gone on to get Notts County playing some incredible football and obviously get them promoted finally as well. 

Be interesting to see how Martin starts at Southampton, both his seasons with Swansea ended well rather than starting well, possibly the reason his stock was high this summer was their excellent end to the season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Russell Martin I just don't get the appeal, done a couple of okay years at Swansea but not exactly set the world alight. I do think with the size of Southampton they could done have better in terms of appointment. Gary Monk would be a good fit for them, seeing he's been there as player, as a good idea at this level.

Except that, Gary Monk is a rubbish manager.

15 hours ago, Simmo86 said:

Bar Maddison & Barnes the rest the the bunch we need rid of are being chased by tight arse Italian clubs lol and that Rudkin won’t budge an inch with them! 

Heard Brighton may be in for Castagne