Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Job for Pearson... Sunderland perhaps?

Perfect project for him really, big ground, loyal fanbase, could be a long term one for him, he did spend time at Newcastle mind but I doubt that will be an issue for him. Would love to see him there but I think Ric is probably right on this one, seems like Sunderland want young players and swanky attractive football, so will probably be someone from France or Portugal etc

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Perfect project for him really, big ground, loyal fanbase, could be a long term one for him, he did spend time at Newcastle mind but I doubt that will be an issue for him. Would love to see him there but I think Ric is probably right on this one, seems like Sunderland want young players and swanky attractive football, so will probably be someone from France or Portugal etc

I adore Nige as much as the next but I think Sunderland are ready for the step up.

Mowbray did the Nige role for them in terms of building a young, exciting squad. I think they need someone to come in and take them to that next level. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:
10 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Job for Pearson... Sunderland perhaps?

I think his health issues

He didn't seem well at all did he at our place? He looked in a bit of a state tbh. 

Bearing in mind his health has a past; in our promotion season he had some kind of heart failure / 'funny turn' and had to sit in the stands and then, of course, his near mental breakdown during ostrichgate and "fck off & die'

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

He didn't seem well at all did he at our place? He looked in a bit of a state tbh. 

Bearing in mind his health has a past; in our promotion season he had some kind of heart failure / 'funny turn' and had to sit in the stands and then, of course, his near mental breakdown during ostrichgate and "fck off & die'

Yes, He may never make it back to frontline Management. Any Club would be wise to use him as a DOF or other position.

I just hope our Board are smart enough to maybe use him in some capacity as he'll be a big loss to football when he retires.

32 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes, He may never make it back to frontline Management. Any Club would be wise to use him as a DOF or other position.

I just hope our Board are smart enough to maybe use him in some capacity as he'll be a big loss to football when he retires.

An ambassadorial role is perhaps his next realistic move

7 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

An ambassadorial role is perhaps his next realistic move

He could certainly do that job, But I think it would be a huge missed opportunity by the Club.

The Man has few equals when it comes to setting up a Club properly. We should be able to find a suitable job worthy of his talents.

Be it managing the Club behind the scenes or within recruitment and Youth Development.

We all know about what Harry Kane and others have said about his Man Management and credit him for their own success.

All of our success was mostly down to what he built and left behind.

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He could certainly do that job, But I think it would be a huge missed opportunity by the Club.

The Man has few equals when it comes to setting up a Club properly. We should be able to find a suitable job worthy of his talents.

Be it managing the Club behind the scenes or within recruitment and Youth Development.

We all know about what Harry Kane and others have said about his Man Management and credit him for their own success.

All of our success was mostly down to what he built and left behind.

I'm not sure sure. I have your enthusiasm for NP but he's past his sell by date, football wise. However,.to have him.as a football structural advisor/consigleri to the Baird would be a bonus. 

Unlikely tho, given that by all accounts him and Rudkin never got on..

8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm not sure sure. I have your enthusiasm for NP but he's past his sell by date, football wise. However,.to have him.as a football structural advisor/consigleri to the Baird would be a bonus. 

Unlikely tho, given that by all accounts him and Rudkin never got on..

I totally agree. The one mistake he made when Manager was not getting rid of Rudkin. I suspect he was to concerned in trying to improve the Club and first team at the time.

I never thought he was any better than average as a Coach but as a Manger he has few equals. But that was alright because a lot of the top Managers wern't good Coaches. Fergie, Shankly, Etc they all had good Coaches around them.

In the Structural or Advisory side and advising young players he be an asset. Even as a special advisor to Top.

As you say it's unlikely to happen though for the reason you've stated. 

Guest nathan.
45 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Quite funny there seems to be quite a few Sunderland fans who think they can get Will Still lol

Why can’t they?

Is it about his coaching license?

It's a good test of the pull this country has because he's got a very realistic chance of making Europe with Reims, but Sunderland will definitely pay him a bit more than they can.

I think he'd be a great appointment. He is far better than being reduced to some meme about his coaching badges. He's taken them from a relegation cert to pushing for Europe in a year. He's clearly very talented.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

On 04/12/2023 at 10:09, Les-TA-Jon said:

all 4 teams currently on track for 90+ points, so definitely going to be an anomalous season and a tight, 4 horse race for Autos.

image.thumb.png.0d73e43a25bd86e991dc14a82babc41c.png

Great post, pushed me to create a powershell function to get similar data and format it into a table.

All teams on track for 90+ points, yes, but this is before you take current form into account, at which point it obviously gets a little more hairy. If we just take the last 6 game form as a guide the table completely changes!

image.png.8106a6a4109760e2996859d58d7c5413.png

This would put Leicester in fourth place on only 91 points by the end of the season with a form points per game at a lowly 1.7 (with us only 6th place in the form table, just behind Watford), now hopefully we can put this down as a blip and further compounded by the difficulty of the opponents faced, plus you would assume that it is highly unlikely Leeds and Southampton complete the season with this kind of consistency. However if we expand that out to 10 game form (and possibly a better indicator on current form), we get:

image.png.42d4e4fb432f73b775ea11b123690246.png

It does look a little better but with the other teams also performing well puts us just outside the Automatics and into the horrible playoffs. The chances of 4 teams ending on 100+ points is unlikely, however this is a crazy a$$ season. Incidentally, using 10 game form would put West Brom in 5th place with a points total of 83.

• Like 4

On 05/12/2023 at 23:29, moore_94 said:

Quite funny there seems to be quite a few Sunderland fans who think they can get Will Still lol

he's unbeaten in 11 games and hasn't even got any coaching badges. Will Still is doing a fantastic job at Reims

@thesecondtier pod

• Haha 2

On 06/12/2023 at 10:11, talking_goldfish said:

Great post, pushed me to create a powershell function to get similar data and format it into a table.

All teams on track for 90+ points, yes, but this is before you take current form into account, at which point it obviously gets a little more hairy. If we just take the last 6 game form as a guide the table completely changes!

image.png.8106a6a4109760e2996859d58d7c5413.png

This would put Leicester in fourth place on only 91 points by the end of the season with a form points per game at a lowly 1.7 (with us only 6th place in the form table, just behind Watford), now hopefully we can put this down as a blip and further compounded by the difficulty of the opponents faced, plus you would assume that it is highly unlikely Leeds and Southampton complete the season with this kind of consistency. However if we expand that out to 10 game form (and possibly a better indicator on current form), we get:

image.png.42d4e4fb432f73b775ea11b123690246.png

It does look a little better but with the other teams also performing well puts us just outside the Automatics and into the horrible playoffs. The chances of 4 teams ending on 100+ points is unlikely, however this is a crazy a$$ season. Incidentally, using 10 game form would put West Brom in 5th place with a points total of 83.

I take nothing away from the effort you put into this before I start…… with that being said, I don’t think any team in that top 4 will match the points tally in the second set of 23 games to there first 23. 

Fatigue, injuries, Jan transfer windows and teams that are fighting relegation & fighting for play offs will have to up there game at the back end of the season. Far too much to go wrong for all 4 of us in my opinion. 

• Like 2