Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

31 minutes ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

I take nothing away from the effort you put into this before I start…… with that being said, I don’t think any team in that top 4 will match the points tally in the second set of 23 games to there first 23. 

Fatigue, injuries, Jan transfer windows and teams that are fighting relegation & fighting for play offs will have to up there game at the back end of the season. Far too much to go wrong for all 4 of us in my opinion. 

Completely agree, which is why I said it is very unlikely 4 teams will achieve over 100 points, these analyses are only ever useful for short term predictions. Just trying to illustrate the fact that us finishing top of the league with a record points tally isn't a foregone conclusion.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, bmt said:

This is such an utterly bizarre comment 

How is it?

You really think Sunderland can attract a manager at a club that is on track to compete for European places in France?

Absolutely no chance in my opinion

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

How is it?

You really think Sunderland can attract a manager at a club that is on track to compete for European places in France?

Absolutely no chance in my opinion

I mentioned a few days ago that I think they'll employ a manager with Ligue 1 experience. They've a lot of links to that league and have made many young signings from there.

Leeds got Bielsa and Wolves got Nuno. It's not the most outrageous outcome, although admittedly they didn't have a club at the time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I mentioned a few days ago that I think they'll employ a manager with Ligue 1 experience. They've a lot of links to that league and have made many young signings from there.

Leeds got Bielsa and Wolves got Nuno. It's not the most outrageous outcome, although admittedly they didn't have a club at the time.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they did as I know the favourite for it is the assistant manager at Nice

If they get someone from France I just expect it will be someone like that or someone out of a job, I just don’t think they could get Will Still who I think will be able to get himself a job in the Prem soon

Best option for them is this fella though, already has a red and white tie!

IMG_7480.jpeg

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Bielsa was a coup (ish) but still very much considered to be on his way down and Nuno had ties to Mendes whose mitts were all over Wolves when he got the job there. I would be astounded if someone whose star is rising as quickly and as prominently as Still went to Sunderland, despite their ownership and the fact they’re in relatively healthy shape.

2 minutes ago, Langston said:

Bielsa was a coup (ish) but still very much considered to be on his way down and Nuno had ties to Mendes whose mitts were all over Wolves when he got the job there. I would be astounded if someone whose star is rising as quickly and as prominently as Still went to Sunderland, despite their ownership and the fact they’re in relatively healthy shape.

Sunderland have very strong ties to Ligue 1 and thr way they got Jobe Bellingham shows the directors off the field are working very efficiently. Not sure if Julian Stephan has got a new club but he'd be ideal. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sunderland have very strong ties to Ligue 1 and thr way they got Jobe Bellingham shows the directors off the field are working very efficiently. Not sure if Julian Stephan has got a new club but he'd be ideal. 

Yeah, hence the ownership point. I just think Still’s stock is too high for him to be dipping his toes into the Championship regardless. He’s got an uninspiring 6 months to complete at a side like Palace before he gets involved in the EFL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Langston said:

Yeah, hence the ownership point. I just think Still’s stock is too high for him to be dipping his toes into the Championship regardless. He’s got an uninspiring 6 months to complete at a side like Palace before he gets involved in the EFL!

Just seen Stephan has gone in at Rennes, so that's off. Few interesting coaches available though.

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Still could end up with Forest or Palace. Which would be a nice job this season to get into PL management given you’ve got six months to work with a squad and relegation can be avoided quite easy

He hasn't got his UEFA Pro License yet though, has he?

That is mandatory to be a permanant Premier League manager.

A caretaker manager doest have to have one, but as a caretaker, you can only take control of a team for 12 weeks.

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

He hasn't got his UEFA Pro License yet though, has he?

That is mandatory to be a permanant Premier League manager.

A caretaker manager doest have to have one, but as a caretaker, you can only take control of a team for 12 weeks.

I thought he got it in the summer? Could be wrong, though!

3 minutes ago, Langston said:

I thought he got it in the summer? Could be wrong, though!

I can't find a concrete answer on it.

It seems that he's enrolled and started it, but I don't think that's enough to satisfy the Premier League criteria. 

Who knows!

5 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

Bit of quandary tonight, who would I prefer to lose, Cov scum because they’re Cov scum

or Rooney’s Brum  just for the crack.

i like the idea that if Birmingham lose every game,  vardy could score to get rooney the sack 

11 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

For a Friday night against your rivals, the cov ground is empty 

I think we are more cov’s rivals tbf, but let’s not forget when we were shite hovering around mid table for years we wasn’t getting many more the 23k 

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Why are there so many empty seats at the Ricoh? Genuine question

Sky?? Both teams not playing great? Like I said in another post I’m sure we never sold out v Coventry when we were in there  position 15 year ago 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Joe90lcfc said:

I think we are more cov’s rivals tbf, but let’s not forget when we were shite hovering around mid table for years we wasn’t getting many more the 23k 

But they aren't too shite, they were a kick away from the Prem this year and have just had a rough start so far.