Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

He has had a good few games.

Wouldn't be surprised if he gets a Premier League opportunity.

I like the way he just stands still when he wants to talk to a player calls them over and waits until they come. So many prem refs call player over then run towards them 😂

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fox forever said:

I like the way he just stands still when he wants to talk to a player calls them over and waits until they come. So many prem refs call player over then run towards them 😂

It's great to watch, always seems to be in a good position to view the game.

Asserts himself as in charge in really small ways.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Brum are strictly League One shite under Rooney.  Were they not in the playoff spots when Eustace was sacked?

They had 18 points from 11 games and were sixth when they sacked Eustace. They’ve since got five points from nine games. Genius move from the owners. 

Edited by ClaphamFox

15 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

They had 18 points from 11 games and were sixth when they sacked Eustace. They’ve since got five points from nine games. Genius move from the owners. 

Absolutely no clue why they'd try and manager with a complete different style after 11 games, successful to a point anyhow. 

That's generally how it works. It isn't his squad and the new owners have gone in with their own plans where Rooney is a feature. Think back to when King Power first took over here: Nigel Pearson out, Paulo Sousa in - we let him build his squad and implement his style, two months later he was out for Sven. It doesn't always go to plan but it's common practice.

Brum have untapped potential. American owners have progressively found success here recently. Half the Prem is USA now, teams like Ipswich flying up with their newfound Yankie investment.

• Like 2

Did some quick maths on current form for rest of season.  I know the form wont persist for next 27 games, but still.

Leicester 91
Ipswich 94
Leeds 105
Southampton 104

Realistically I can see Leeds dropping to about 2-2.5 per game average from their current 2.5.

Southampton a bit lower about 1.8-2.3.

Ipswich improving back up to about 2.0-2.5.

Finally us improving up to about 1.8-2.3.

This would finish with about.

Leicester 103

Ipswich 106

Leeds 99

Southampton 94

Edited by Chrysalis

27 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Did some quick maths on current form for rest of season.  I know the form wont persist for next 27 games, but still.

Leicester 91
Ipswich 94
Leeds 105
Southampton 104

Realistically I can see Leeds dropping to about 2-2.5 per game average from their current 2.8.

Leicester 103

Ipswich 106

Leeds 99

Southampton 94

Do it over the whole season and out ppg ends us on 111 I think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Leicester 91
Ipswich 94
Leeds 105
Southampton 104

Realistically I can see Leeds dropping to about 2-2.5 per game average from their current 2.8.

Leicester 103

Ipswich 106

Leeds 99

Southampton 94

What are you classing as current form?

• Like 2