Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

2 hours ago, Pub breath said:

Well it's actually 5 points as things stand.

Besides that, that rate is actually about bang on what would be required over the remaining games to make up an 8 point gap.

8 again...... lol

I think you are going to need 100 pts + to finish above us.

Even at 2 points a game  from here we are hitting 101 points. 

If we continue our form over the last 10 games with the dip we are going at 2.2 points per game we are matching the Championship record.

To get 107 form here you are going to need to go at 2.53 for the rest of the season, which is above your form in the last 10 and you have to do it for 26 games.

I will take a £100 charity bet we finish above you, loser donates the winnings to the winners prefer charity? 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Interesting few games now 

Sunderland v Leeds 

Watford v Ipswich 

Cov v saints 

Leicester v Millwall 

Ipswich v Norwich 

leeds v Cov 

Saints v Blackburn 

Brum v Leicester 

Leeds v Ipswich 

QPR v saints 

Leicester v Rotherham 

On paper, all of that looks great for us. Let’s hope we can capitalise.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Koke said:

We dropped points against the worst team in the league (Sheff Weds) so I wouldn't exactly be sure we beat Millwall, Birmingham and Rotherham

Not the worst team in the league anymore, unfortunate timing that we played them just as their form turned.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Koke said:

We dropped points against the worst team in the league (Sheff Weds) so I wouldn't exactly be sure we beat Millwall, Birmingham and Rotherham

4 minutes ago, brucey said:

Not the worst team in the league anymore, unfortunate timing that we played them just as their form turned.

What @brucey said ☝️.

Wednesday have taken 7 points from their last 9—they're on the up. Danny Rohl appears to be making an impact there already.

1 hour ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I think Leeds will take some stopping. They have their moments but they are freighting going forward. Can see them going unbeaten at home all season. 

Well I mean, after us they've allowed the fewest goals in the league, so this idea that their defending is a shambles is kind of an expired carton of milk.  No question their attacking threat is PL quality (they bring Gnonto and Anthony off the bench), so if they continue to be solid in terms of GA it is indeed going to be hard to keep them out of the top two (which is what really matters).

18 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Well I mean, after us they've allowed the fewest goals in the league, so this idea that their defending is a shambles is kind of an expired carton of milk.  No question their attacking threat is PL quality (they bring Gnonto and Anthony off the bench), so if they continue to be solid in terms of GA it is indeed going to be hard to keep them out of the top two (which is what really matters).

They may have the 2nd best GA indeed but they're not that far away from other teams. Another 7 teams have conceded max 24 goals. 

8 hours ago, Midlands_tractor said:

You won’t find many town fans who are pissed off, we shouldn’t be where we are so the vast majority are just enjoying the ride. Don’t forget we did this last year so it might just be our lot to be the second best team in a league but il take it

You lot are class, definitely should be where you are

A lot of the league title and promotion places could be decided by the business the top 4 teams do in January.

It will be interesting with some quality in all teams if any PL and European clubs come in for top players. All four will have to keep their best players, whilst attempting to add that little bit of quality.

The other key time is in January for the Asia Cup and African Cup of nations - we are undoubtedly the hardest hit side at this time losing 5 first team players. 
Leeds won’t lose anyone and I think Southampton and Ipswich have one player each going. 
We could be without our players for upto 6 games including the key game at home to Ipswich on 23rd January. 

• Sad 1