Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 hour ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I think Leeds will take some stopping. They have their moments but they are freighting going forward. Can see them going unbeaten at home all season. 

Going undefeated at home will be incredibly tough for anyone, they still have to play 5 of the current top 6 at home, and they needed a late equaliser against the only team they have played of the top teams at home.

They’re getting better and more comfortable as the season goes on, but they are far from perfect in their approach and like the other 3 top teams, will continue to drop points in random games.

• Like 3

Still a long way to go and Leeds, us and Ipswich will all drop points again this season. We've been consistently the best team in the league and I still don't think we're playing in top gear. Leeds and Ipswich both look like they are, so whether that is sustainable is the question!! 

6 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

A lot of the league title and promotion places could be decided by the business the top 4 teams do in January.

It will be interesting with some quality in all teams if any PL and European clubs come in for top players. All four will have to keep their best players, whilst attempting to add that little bit of quality.

The other key time is in January for the Asia Cup and African Cup of nations - we are undoubtedly the hardest hit side at this time losing 5 first team players
Leeds won’t lose anyone and I think Southampton and Ipswich have one player each going. 
We could be without our players for upto 6 games including the key game at home to Ipswich on 23rd January. 

Iheanacho

Ndidi

Fatawu

Daka

who is the 5th? 

9 hours ago, bmt said:

You lot are class, definitely should be where you are

Thank you, we are where we are on merit and as far as all the metrics go we deserve to be up there with you, I meant more on finance, expectations, experience etc we’re probably 7 places above the average of what most towns optimistically hoped for this year. I personally hoped for playoffs so I like most town fans are in dreamland so far.

as far as Asia cup goes we’re likely to lose burgess and luongo, so big misses but we’re hopeful tuanzebe will fill the gap at the back and Taylor can do a job covering in midfield but if we get another injury then we could be in trouble. The biggest miss for us is if morsy goes off with Egypt, he is the heartbeat of the team and sets really high standards and can’t be effectively replaced.

if I don’t come back here before hope u all have a good Xmas and a terrible Boxing Day!

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Midlands_tractor said:

Thank you, we are where we are on merit and as far as all the metrics go we deserve to be up there with you, I meant more on finance, expectations, experience etc we’re probably 7 places above the average of what most towns optimistically hoped for this year. I personally hoped for playoffs so I like most town fans are in dreamland so far.

as far as Asia cup goes we’re likely to lose burgess and luongo, so big misses but we’re hopeful tuanzebe will fill the gap at the back and Taylor can do a job covering in midfield but if we get another injury then we could be in trouble. The biggest miss for us is if morsy goes off with Egypt, he is the heartbeat of the team and sets really high standards and can’t be effectively replaced.

if I don’t come back here before hope u all have a good Xmas and a terrible Boxing Day!

We're losing 4-5 which is a complete nightmare. Leeds are rubbing their hands together. 

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We're losing 4-5 which is a complete nightmare. Leeds are rubbing their hands together. 

I really don't understand why we go for so many African players. Not like you can't get relatively cheap players of the same standard from Scandinavian countries.

• Like 1

On the basis of an average on the last two seasons, we'd need:-

To finish 12th - 13 more points out of a possible 78

Playoffs - 24/78 

Promotion - 37/78 

Champions - 42/78 

Obviously not going to be the case this year on the latter two - but just proves how far we'd normally be ahead 

5 hours ago, shailen said:

Still a long way to go and Leeds, us and Ipswich will all drop points again this season. We've been consistently the best team in the league and I still don't think we're playing in top gear. Leeds and Ipswich both look like they are, so whether that is sustainable is the question!! 

There is only 1 point between us and Ipswich and they won at Middlesborough  and lost at WBA we did the reverse and both lost to Leeds to date  

34 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Hopefully Leeds get poached in January. Players who wanted to leave in the summer might want to see if through now but I reckon they'll still jump at chance to leave give the opportunity. 

If they were mid-table maybe but with where they are its hard to see, players and managers at promotion chasing clubs never leave in January, the club would just refuse to sell them. The only one they could have a problem with is Gnonto as they dont seem to be playing him much, not as a starter anyway and he was the biggest one kicking off in the summer. 

• Like 1

On 09/12/2023 at 17:05, Staffs Fox said:

Imagine how pissed off they must be, two of the best starts ever in the championship and they’re still not top. In fact Leeds are a full 8 points behind! 

Ipswich fan in peace.  I can guarantee we are not pissed off. Our aim was conolidation after years of crap.  What is happening is beyond any expectation and just enjoying the ride. That said, would love to be ahead of Leeds due to their arrogance but pretty much guaranteed survival so happy.  Boxing Day will be a good game :-)

• Like 3