Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

If you asked me which one of the two to drop points I’d want Leeds all day long. 

Funny one because if Ipswich were to lose tonight and we win tomorrow. Then they lose to Leeds and we beat Rotherham, we go in to that game on Boxing Day potentially 7 points clear of them and a chance to go 10 clear.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Funny one because if Ipswich were to lose tonight and we win tomorrow. Then they lose to Leeds and we beat Rotherham, we go in to that game on Boxing Day potentially 7 points clear of them and a chance to go 10 clear.

Just get as far ahead of Leeds as possible, forget about Ipswich.

Leeds draw tonight and Ipswich win.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Just get as far ahead of Leeds as possible, forget about Ipswich.

Leeds draw tonight and Ipswich win.

I just think there's a opportunity we can pull away from Ipswich in the next month, which is more logical than Leeds.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I just think there's a opportunity we can pull away from Ipswich in the next month, which is more logical than Leeds.

Regardless of the clubs involved I’d rather have points between us and third than us and second. Winning the league would be nice, but automatic promotion is what really matters. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pub breath said:

I wasn't arguing for Leeds finishing above Leicester.  It was just a comment on the maths of it.

Another example of how easily things can change is that you have to come to ER.  We win that and it's just a 2 game swing.  The gap is significant but it isn't decisive at this point.  Our form is better than yours.

I still think Leicester will win the league but reckon the gap will be smaller than it is now, by May.

Depends how you cut it

If you cut it to the the last 4 games we are above you in the form table on goal difference.

I think what will be decisive is the amount of point you will need from from less games.

We take 55 points (2.11 per game) from the 26 remaining games you need 64 points (2.46 per game) sustaining that over 26 games is difficult.

Screenshot_20231212_184550_Chrome.jpg

54 minutes ago, ChrisFilter said:

Regardless of the clubs involved I’d rather have points between us and third than us and second. Winning the league would be nice, but automatic promotion is what really matters. 

So getting 10 clear of Ipswich would still mean being at least 10 clear of third?