Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I watched 10 mins of their game midway through and they look a bog standard championship side. I'm mystified how they are doing so well if that small sample size is anything to go by.

what i mean, Ipswich looked bang average tonight, dont get me wrong both watford's goal and Ipswich's second came from mistakes; 

Watford will certainly feel like they deserved at least a draw from the game, was easily the better side for me second half, and more clear cut chances,

but Mosey took the golden chance, 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Bristol City lose AGAIN - feel for the fans, they didn’t want Pearson sacked.

I know. 

When Bristol C. announced it, I spat my cup of tea out when they said they made the decision because they wanted to get promoted this season. lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Draw would be the best result for us. 

Nope. Ipswich win is the best outcome.

Why would you want the team in third to gain a point?

First and second go up, what position out of those you finish in is totally irrelevant. The reward is the same.

Build that gap to third place.

Worst thing that can happen is a Leeds victory.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sishades said:

I want the title. Nothing else matters. A nice silvery thing to show off to my ITFC supporting colleagues is a must. I ill have to find a new job ifr we lose to them and the title. First is everything second is nothing.

So you'd take third over second? 

• Haha 1

It’s tomorrows type of game,that will prove,like our title year,if Squad and individual players,have not just the skillset,but more importantly.

Mental+Strength and discipline, to show we can ride the pressure…

Game on !!  cunning , fearless,foxes to humble the Lions pride,and take some manes back for our own winter Den..

Emzo has to show he has an I for the “Mane Chance*

17 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

did you watch the game tonight? Watford could have easily won it on another day, Ipswich looked well off it most of the game imo and got some luck too, 

I did watch, they did what they have done all season they stayed in the game and took their chances unlike Watford. They will keep doing that for the rest of the season:)

3 minutes ago, sishades said:

I want the title. Nothing else matters. A nice silvery thing to show off to my ITFC supporting colleagues is a must. I I’ll have to find a new job ifr we lose to them and the title. First is everything second is nothing.

Id take second now

Well, I'm annoyed but encouraged having seen a bit of Ipswich tonight.

Annoyed that a team so ordinary is above us. Encouraged that it is absolutely inconceivable a team that average will stay the course. 

They are presumably stretching momentum and confidence to extraordinary levels to get this points haul. 

Hopefully we'll give them a footballing lesson they'll never forget on Boxing Day

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

I did watch, they did what they have done all season they stayed in the game and took their chances unlike Watford. They will keep doing that for the rest of the season:)

so how can you say they are playing the championship much better than we are?

only so long you can have the amount of luck Ipswich have had at times, another day Watford get 2/3 goals in that second half

7 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Ipswich result no bother. Top 2 go up just get promoted. 

I think Ipswich will struggle later in the season only a small squad a couple of injuries to their starting line up. They will drop points. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Yes it would. Two points dropped by the side in third and first/second. 

No it won’t, having third place drop 3 points is more important, this isn’t a one team goes through situation this is 1st and 2nd both go up! A bigger gap to third is far more important 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

Just now, bart said:

A draw between Ipswich and Leeds, putting the extra point in the bin - is the best result for us. Still a bit too early to start looking at which teams are our rivals are for final positions in the table. 

Just get the gap between us and 3rd as big as possible 

• Like 2