Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

12 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

How good is Hirst? ..

Was it a mistake to sell him to Ipswich?

He only going to get better...

8 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

he looked very average today, scored a tap in and elbowed someone in the face about all he did tonight

He is starting to find the net…that’s what he just needs to keep going..

neither Ipswich or Hirst will be brushed away,or concerned of our forums cynicism,

Both of us might have our dodger moments and periods,but we keep turning it around & ploughing it on,..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

Just get the gap between us and 3rd as big as possible 

What matters is the table at the end of the season....we are not even halfway. For the final standings its better for our rivals to share 2 points rather than for someone to get 3.

Just now, bart said:

What matters is the table at the end of the season....we are not even halfway. For the final standings its better for our rivals to share 2 points rather than for someone to get 3.

But this makes it all exciting dunnit..!!

22 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Nope. Ipswich win is the best outcome.

Why would you want the team in third to gain a point?

First and second go up, what position out of those you finish in is totally irrelevant. The reward is the same.

Build that gap to third place.

Worst thing that can happen is a Leeds victory.

It’s not gaining a point it’s both sides around us dropping 2 points. That’s why a draw imo would be the best result for us.  

19 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

I know. 

When Bristol C. announced it, I spat my cup of tea out when they said they made the decision because they wanted to get promoted this season. lol

I reckon the board will only be one year out with their prediction… but that it will be League One! 

Seems Pearson fell out with the higher up’s (Brian Tinnion possibly one of them), but he clearly had a close bond with the squad and had them playing for him, so to go from that father like figure trying to get the best out of what he had to a guy fresh out of college wanting to play the new trendy way with players that are not really up to that - it’s no surprise they’re winless in 4!

• Like 1

Happy with that the more us and ipswich win the more the pressure on the teams like Leeds and Southampton will be under a few more like that for Leeds would be lovely. Even better if they miss out in the play offs as well. Fair play to ipswich for keeping up with their form so far. See how they get on once they get a few injuries. Win needed tomorrow now 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

thought a draw was the least you deserved, better team for me for the majority of the game, if only youd took the chances but its the same old story on that one

Yes and one costly error from normally a pretty decent defender.

Lacking a striker who is mobile and has pace .

Our wide men were good but got taken off with Tom Ince coming on which wasn’t a  popular  move .

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Well done Ipswich again, Leeds losing was huge, beat Millwall and that gap grows ever bigger.

Promotion is the goal, winning the championship a bonus 

It's all about getting back to the Premier League . I'd prefer first but will happily take second.  The one thing we don't want is to be involved in the crap shoot of the playoffs !!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pita said:

I think Ipswich will struggle later in the season only a small squad a couple of injuries to their starting line up. They will drop points. 

I think it's inevitable that they will drop quite a few points as the pressures and physicality of the league takes it's toll on their small squad.

There is the caveat that they go for broke and throw a heap of money at signings in the upcoming Window. 

Edited by Clever Fox
spelling error

Of course i always hope we win it no matter what division we are in.

Having said that, promotion is more important so 1st or 2nd are fine with me. 

If Ipswich win it, goodluck to them they have been playing great football to be where they are currently at. 

Lot's to play for still, hope we can pull off automatic promotion spot first and then worry about 1st place later.

Keep winning by any legal means and that should do it.

• Like 3