Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Ridiculous this had dragged on for as long as it did. Severe negligence on all sides cost a young bloke his life 

It's truly shocking when you read about this case in detail, I did last year and it really stayed on my mind for quite some time. Even worse when taking into account that the scumbag responsible only got 18 months in prison and even tried to appeal his sentence. 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

At least 

I assume we’ve been getting payments through the season as is usual 

But we don’t know our final placing till season over and payments for TV games so we must get a substantial payment once the season finishes?

On 29/06/2023 at 07:48, stu said:

Should be appointed today. I don't think that's a good appointment for Leeds, which is obviously good news for us. He was horrendous back in the Bundesliga.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Championship doesn’t play until third round.

Oh jeezo course they don’t thanks, that’s my mind going into overdrive about booking dates off work.. suppose now I can see if West Brom will get to members but as everyone has got Enzo fever at the moment I doubt it.. 

1 minute ago, MS0204 said:

Oh jeezo course they don’t thanks, that’s my mind going into overdrive about booking dates off work.. suppose now I can see if West Brom will get to members but as everyone has got Enzo fever at the moment I doubt it.. 

West Brom is a great away day! Fingers crossed for you

On 30/06/2023 at 08:24, Happy Fox said:

Why are you worried?

The expectation is to bounce back at the first attempt we shouldn’t be in this league no disrespect. It was a right Royal f**k up to get relegated and hopefully we can now get promoted under Maresca.

Not worried, just much prefer it when we operate away from the spotlight. As I said, we only have ourselves to blame for the situation we are in, here's hoping it's a convincing year and the start of something great.

2 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Not worried, just much prefer it when we operate away from the spotlight. As I said, we only have ourselves to blame for the situation we are in, here's hoping it's a convincing year and the start of something great.

It’s hard to be out of the spotlight we are not like Bristol City / Preston or any other championship club. We are the hugest club at this level in terms of exposure as we were in the premier league for a long time, but I agree with you we only have ourselves to blame but the signs are we are learning from our mistakes and trying to make amends.

Edited by Happy Fox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Coventry's Gyokeres looks to be off to Lisbon

Big blow for them.

He and Hamer were pretty much their only creative outlets.

On 30/06/2023 at 19:25, Wymsey said:

That tragic case has certainly made things very tight financially at Cardiff for many seasons.

Have some sympathy for the club.

Why? They tried to save a couple of grand on a plane and it’s cost them £17m… typical director negligence 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Some of the Man City players starting to be loaned out...

I would argue that if he’s going to Hull then he’s probably not the next best thing.  

Snobby me says that Liam Delap ain’t good enough.