Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Just now, Bilo said:

It's looking more and more like the top two are beginning to pull away now. Boxing Day could be massive.

Yep, Ipswich are clearly not going to let up, this week convinced me.

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Yep, Ipswich are clearly not going to let up, this week convinced me.

It almost looks like Wrexham and Notts County in the National League last season. Nobody anywhere near either of them and the games between those two were absolute blockbusters.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bilo said:

It almost looks like Wrexham and Notts County in the National League last season. Nobody anywhere near either of them and the games between those two were absolute blockbusters.

And they then storm the next league. 

So you’re saying we’ll win the Prem in 24/25?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Daggers said:

And they then storm the next league. 

So you’re saying we’ll win the Prem in 24/25?

Great Escape in 24/25 and then win the Premier League in 25/26.

These things go in ten year cycles.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

In the sense of needing an Italian man to spice things up? 

It doesn't last as long as it should, you go down and everyone involved is left with an overwhelming sense of what could have been.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Ipswich's win was great for us. Keeps our players motivated. A pundit (former footballer, idk his name) who was covering the Coventry vs Southampton game on Talksport described the situation as I did here a couple of pages back. He said this catchup game is exhausting for the players of Leeds and Southampton and it would be better for them to settle with the playoffs idea. 

If you watch Southampton's game they were clearly stressed and they were rushing everything from the first minute. The must win mentality affects them week in week out. Same applies to Leeds. 

Bang on. I don’t know why people don’t get this. If Leeds were only 4 points away from 2nd it wouldnt look as tough as it is right now. As it stands, it’s an exhausting 10 points to make up just to get 2nd.   Best thing is for both to carry on winning to make the challenge for Leeds as hard as possible. 

3 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Ipswich's win was great for us. Keeps our players motivated. A pundit (former footballer, idk his name) who was covering the Coventry vs Southampton game on Talksport described the situation as I did here a couple of pages back. He said this catchup game is exhausting for the players of Leeds and Southampton and it would be better for them to settle with the playoffs idea. 

If you watch Southampton's game they were clearly stressed and they were rushing everything from the first minute. The must win mentality affects them week in week out. Same applies to Leeds. 

The greater thing for us is their next two games. The Old Farm derby and Leeds away. If we get maximum pts Vs Brum and Rovrum we could be on for a great Christmas.

8 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Yes, Boxing Day, then the return fixture in January are key.

It looks to me that we are going to be duelling with Ipswich all season. 

8 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Yep imagine being Leeds. Fanbase saying how phenomenal they are playing, look very dangerous, going to the leaders and winning, building up tonnes of momentum, then four weeks later being in exactly the same position as where they started. That would be so demoralising. 

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

If I were Leeds (or even Southampton), I'd still be relatively content. Their sights are firmly set on Ipswich. 

I'd have complete faith that Ipswich will wobble and can be caught.

I don't think either of them -leeds or saints - gives us a second thought

"Relatively content" at being 10 and 12 pts off the automatics after 21 games.

Relative to which teams? Rotherham? Stoke?

And you'd be content because you have "complete faith" that a team that has shown very few signs of wobbling (and has in fact achieved the second highest points total after this many games) will wobble and can be caught?

Not for me, Clive.