Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

If I were Leeds (or even Southampton), I'd still be relatively content. Their sights are firmly set on Ipswich. 

I'd have complete faith that Ipswich will wobble and can be caught.

I don't think either of them -leeds or saints - gives us a second thought

Ipswich will be laughing if they get past the next three games in a good shape. 

Leeds are back to being on the must win category - they lose on 23rd and we keep it up. It's some shift from them. 

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

If I were Leeds (or even Southampton), I'd still be relatively content. Their sights are firmly set on Ipswich. 

I'd have complete faith that Ipswich will wobble and can be caught.

I don't think either of them -leeds or saints - gives us a second thought

Having spent far too much time lurking on both forums, neither of them are anywhere near content - consensus being that they would be content in a normal season, but not this one. 

Saints fans have pretty much given up on autos and accepted playoffs, they've started looking at the gap to 7th.

Leeds fans, majority of them still think top 2 can be caught. Out of that, around half think only Ipswich will wobble, half think either us or Ipswich will. 

Apparently they have a terrible record in play offs and are convinced they will fail in them, so are very reluctant to accept 3rd. 

They absolutely still think of us as live score updates from our games get posted in their matchday threads. 

Edited by brucey
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Oasisedup said:

"Relatively content" at being 10 and 12 pts off the automatics after 21 games.

Relative to which teams? Rotherham? Stoke?

And you'd be content because you have "complete faith" that a team that has shown very few signs of wobbling (and has in fact achieved the second highest points total after this many games) will wobble and can be caught?

Not for me, Clive.

We have a PL team, PL players on PL wages....and it's tough for us 

Ipswich's form is so good it's unrealistic. They just haven't got the players to maintain it. We have got the players, and I don't think even we can maintain it. 

33 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Ipswich's form is so good it's unrealistic. They just haven't got the players to maintain it. We have got the players, and I don't think even we can maintain it. 

It might be surprising, but it isn't unrealistic because it has literally happened.

They have sustained it over a long enough period now to be taken seriously and the last few games have convinced me they aren't going anywhere. I would be pretty concerned if I was a fan of Leeds or Saints.

• Like 2

Both us and Ipswich are well on course to be promoted by early April 2024.

It’s easy to be dismissive of Ipswich but they are a well run club, they have a manager that I thought was heading our way after we dismissed Rodgers. 

Ipswich are not an anomaly, they scored over a 100 goals last season lost the fewest league games scored the most and conceded the fewest I know league one to the championship is a step up but they were imo with form and momentum capable pre this season of being playoff contenders. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

They scored over a 100 goals last season lost the fewest league games scored the most and conceded the fewest I know league one to the championship is a step up but they were imo with form and momentum capable pre this season of being playoff contenders. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Oasisedup said:

"Relatively content" at being 10 and 12 pts off the automatics after 21 games.

Relative to which teams? Rotherham? Stoke?

And you'd be content because you have "complete faith" that a team that has shown very few signs of wobbling (and has in fact achieved the second highest points total after this many games) will wobble and can be caught?

Not for me, Clive.

Ipswich will push us all the way. There's a reason we were after McKenna before we got Maresca - he's a brilliant manager.

The only team capable of denying us promotion is Leeds - as long as we finish above them, we'll go up.

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

pl in the sense we'd be just above relegation. 

36 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

pl in the sense we'd be just above relegation. 

Not look at the state of the Premier League this season. 

Still a tragedy that we are even in this league with the quality of players we had at our disposal 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Out Foxed said:

sorry, but i disagree. i think people are massively overrating how we'd do with this team and style of play in the Prem. we need major upgrades if we get promoted. 

He said 'had at our disposal'. We would definitely need upgrades on the current first team and squad if we are going to challenge for top 4 😄 

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

There's a good chance we go into the 24th game with a bigger gap over Leeds than total points dropped this season. That is mental and means Leeds will need to be near perfect in the second half of the season to catch us.

We've dropped 11 points all season and Leeds are currently 11 points behind.

15 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

sorry, but i disagree. i think people are massively overrating how we'd do with this team and style of play in the Prem. we need major upgrades if we get promoted. 

Enzo knows this but brighton have managed to play this style with several players who wouldnt have been considered up to it before potter got his hands on them 

15 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Except we had the players. Three players who'd have made any team in the world that season. 

And another two or three that were performing at champions league level standards 

We were also playing in the Premier League against vastly superior opposition. You don't need world class or even Champions League-level players to get promoted from the Championship. The players Ipswich have are good enough to get promoted and they have an excellent manager. I expect them to push us all the way.