Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

8 hours ago, Jack1993 said:

I would argue that if he’s going to Hull then he’s probably not the next best thing.  

Snobby me says that Liam Delap ain’t good enough. 

His previous loan spells at Preston and Stoke suggest the same. 4 goals in 39 apps 

6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

we’ve just got to learn to ignore them! Boo him and he’ll just raise his game! Can’t remember a time we’ve boo’d a player and it’s negatively effected him … other than our own players 😂

Maguire, every time.

Excited to see so many teams in the Championship opting for managers who will presumeably play nice football.

Leicester, Southampton, Leeds, Middlesbrough and Norwich will all most likely have a good ball possession dominated style. Gone of the days are hoof ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Xisco Munoz appointed by Sheff Weds.

Think football managers should just have rolling contracts.

So they don't get 'rewarded' for being sacked by, say being sacked halfway through a three-year deal and still get paid off.

Edited by Wymsey

19 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Millwall owner has died 

Horrible. Their fans are in absolute bits, calling him the best owner they've ever had. Always the good ones it seems. :(

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Corky said:

Xisco Munoz appointed by Sheff Weds.

He did do a good job getting the team to be together and got the best out of Sarr in particular.

Unfortunately got found out in the PL tactically so fans at the time weren’t sad to see him go but maybe in hindsight a bad move !

8 hours ago, Roosters boots said:

Can you imagine the meltdown on here if we had appointed him 

I think most would have been fine with it.  He’s a good hire for Leeds (he won the Championship twice with less talent than he’ll have there or would have had with us) and he would have been a good hire at Leicester.  I think both demoted “L” sides did pretty well.

15 hours ago, BrianSwan said:

Excited to see so many teams in the Championship opting for managers who will presumeably play nice football.

Leicester, Southampton, Leeds, Middlesbrough and Norwich will all most likely have a good ball possession dominated style. Gone of the days are hoof ball.

I went to few games live last season, likes of Sunderland Burnley and Sheffield United. Was pleasantly surprising by the quality and ability to play football instead of hoofball.

Glad we were nowhere near Farke. His Norwich team played absolutely disgusting football. They came up with this reputation of being a somewhat exciting and attacking team. They did absolutely nothing and were horrible to watch.

Why a team would hire a manager with absolutely no ceiling I don't get it. I much prefer to gamble on someone with potential than hire someone who's peaked and their peak is nowhere near where you want to be.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Glad we were nowhere near Farke. His Norwich team played absolutely disgusting football. They came up with this reputation of being a somewhat exciting and attacking team. They did absolutely nothing and were horrible to watch.

Why a team would hire a manager with absolutely no ceiling I don't get it. I much prefer to gamble on someone with potential than hire someone who's peaked and their peak is nowhere near where you want to be.

Yes did seem to be a big difference between Norwich in the Championship and Premier league.

As Pukki proved really .