Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

7 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Forest might buy half a dozen.

Gnoto still plays like he wants out, and you have to wonder if Summerville and Rutter would jump ship if they had half the chance. 

I think there could be some desperate suitors in Jan, even for our players. Will be an interesting window.

25 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I had being relegated , so were doing ok

lol I did say end of last season while we were on the manager hunt that I expected we weren't done falling. Amazing to think how well Enzo has done, particularly given how worried we were it'd be Jesse Marsch or Wing Commander Scott Parker

35 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Gnoto still plays like he wants out, and you have to wonder if Summerville and Rutter would jump ship if they had half the chance. 

I think there could be some desperate suitors in Jan, even for our players. Will be an interesting window.

Exactly - PL teams are merciless, and players would rather get a move in january than risk going up through the playoffs.

I think our league position will probably be the buffer to protect us - that said, we still need to sell some bloody goalies!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

A Southampton player did a 'Kermogant', by trying to successfully do a Panenka penalty but they chipped it over.

someone posted a link a few posts back----

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Exactly - PL teams are merciless, and players would rather get a move in january than risk going up through the playoffs.

I think our league position will probably be the buffer to protect us - that said, we still need to sell some bloody goalies!

It’s Christmas time. Couldn’t we just give a few away in a raffle, or an unlucky dip?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

lol I did say end of last season while we were on the manager hunt that I expected we weren't done falling. Amazing to think how well Enzo has done, particularly given how worried we were it'd be Jesse Marsch or Wing Commander Scott Parker

Absolutely dude, i saw a world woth Smith as Manager and us being shite.

18 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

we still need to sell some bloody goalies!

(to paraphrase an old wine biz joke)

What's the difference between Danny Ward and a case of the clap?

You can give away a case of the clap.

7 hours ago, martyn said:

That's just a symptom of how they play. Both fullbacks spend most of the game bombing over the half way line. 

They back themselves to outgun teams and trade away a little bit of stability in the process.

Imo they're a seriously good outfit and will last the course.

Not saying they’re not, but I think 70% of teams will fancy scoring and maybe even 2. 

2 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Even if we were unfortunate to lose on Monday, yes I hate saying that… we will still be 10 ahead, I know where I would rather be 

I was being a bit of a pendant, today was a good day. Just really hope we capitalise on Monday.

• Like 1

Thinking about a potential Morsy yellow I do wonder if it would be preferable for him to miss the game against us at the end of the Jan when we will also be missing some players due to AFCON. Wonder whether he can survive the 4 games he'd need to though.

4 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Thinking about a potential Morsy yellow I do wonder if it would be preferable for him to miss the game against us at the end of the Jan when we will also be missing some players due to AFCON. Wonder whether he can survive the 4 games he'd need to though.

Morsy won't play against us in Jan - he's going to be at AFCON himself with Egypt

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Morsy should be at the AFCON with Egypt 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I was being a bit of a pendant, today was a good day. Just really hope we capitalise on Monday.

What, like just hanging about from the ceiling?  Maybe a solitary light bulb?  Part of a chandelier maybe?

Sorry, just being a pedant. 

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

It will and probably already has got to the point with Leeds where their players will know they can’t drop points. That’s huge pressure going into games now where draws will feel like losses. You could tell they were getting a bit rattled today 

cov players rattled them nicely tbf. hopefully we go there and win. they got proper big headed when they got that lucky win at the kp

Have to say, results today show how tough a league it is to get out of. Sunderland looked a good side last two games but got beat by an average team. Leeds and Ipswich drop points. When you think how bad we were at end of last season (think back to that performance at Fulham), no guarantee Maresca would be able to turn it around.