Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

14 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's a slippery slope to think it doesn't matter. Exactly the sort of mentality that we should be shaking. We should be winning this league. Ipswich are going to make this a battle but it's still one we ought to win.

It's pretty mental that 100 points might not do it though.

Think you have mistaken my point.  My point is that i have no issues Ipswich continuing to win and i want them to pile the pressure on Leeds. The more difficult for Leeds / Saints, the more likely this just becomes a 2 horse race. Then we can worry about smashing Ipswich for the title.  Just for me, the title is secondary to promotion, but of course will take the title any day.

But for now, I want Ipswich to carry on winning. Except against us of course, and would happily take a draw in the Leeds vs Ipswich game

• Like 2

Well we can dream of all sorts to happen but what will actually happen know one knows. We have to control our own destiny.

this season we’ve already let decent leads slip in games we should have won. That should be plenty of lessons and reminders to not drop our guard.

Prepare for a challenge today but still go out and play like we know we can and think Rooney and boys. Enzo will know what to do.

I wish some people would have more enthusiasm. I get bored of the "but we're Leicester and anything could happen" mentality. Probably why I don't come on and post as often now. We're top of the league ffs, enjoy it.

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, the wins vs Rotherham, Cardiff, Blackburn, QPR and West Brom don't count as we scored 1st and let them equalise before we won.

I mean it's more they don't count because we won them and let leads slip in games we should have won implies we didn't win them

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

Well we can dream of all sorts to happen but what will actually happen know one knows. We have to control our own destiny.

this season we’ve already let decent leads slip in games we should have won. That should be plenty of lessons and reminders to not drop our guard.

Prepare for a challenge today but still go out and play like we know we can and think Rooney and boys. Enzo will know what to do.

Have you ever played and/or managed?

You'd be brilliant in press conferences, I was hearing Stevie G's voice as I read that.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I wish some people would have more enthusiasm. I get bored of the "but we're Leicester and anything could happen" mentality. Probably why I don't come on and post as often now. We're top of the league ffs, enjoy it.

Do you not remember the sheer panic if we dared to draw at home when we were winning League One at a canter?

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Before the last home game, the miserable old dear next to my wife was saying that we always let in a lot of goals at this level (bearing in mind the game before we won 4-0!). I pointed out that we have the best goals conceded record of any club in all divisions, and that our defensive record was pretty staggering right now.  My comment didn't go down well.

Now, we did ship 2 goals against Millwall, but the old dear didn't get to see that as she left when it was 3-1.

2 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Er....we've only dropped 11 points all season? Three 0-1 losses (no leads slipped) and the 1-1 draw away at Sheffield Wednesday...

We're also the only team in the League with a positive goal difference across all match segments and boast the league high 16-4 record in the final 15 mins of matches, which is frankly absurd across 21 matches. 

I mean, heck we've only conceded 4 goals in the final 30 mins of matches!

21-4 from the 60 min mark onwards is bonkers!

image.png.4a3d83809c8fb75ef78762e470719837.png

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Oh screw that, thought we were in The Championship Thread discussing games with points...

Yea I feel like saying we've thrown away leads and pointing at a cup defeat away to a big six side is missing the point a bit but that's the only one of the 4 defeats we've also scored in 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bert said:

Schumacher to Stoke? Don’t get it one bit. 

The only reason Stoke ever get managers

Proximity to Cheshire.

Hes scouse, he’s been based up that way all his life, I’m sure that’s the main draw.