Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

2 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Where's this idea that we're crap at attacking come from? Just checked margin of victory for the top 4...

image.png.4a4a65cb69cec47bd8c159f1546820dc.png

OK so 2nd highest wins by 1 goal, but 8 wins by 2+ goals, compared to Ipswich on 5, Leeds on 5, Southampton on 4. 

Last 2 games have padded our stats since enzo has changed up our play. 7 goals in 2 games.

2 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

We're the only team in the League with a positive goal difference across all match segments and boast the league high 16-4 record in the final 15 mins of matches, which is frankly absurd across 21 matches. 

I mean, heck we've only conceded 4 goals in the final 30 mins of matches!

doomed.JPG.c549f9e123808abf62887a4f6bce5052.JPG

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Millwall still sits in the first column though, so doesn't really pad what the statistics are trying to show.

Its a margin of victory table, , we going to probably be more favourable given our superior goal difference and better goals conceded, I suppose its easy to get to a certian outcome when you picky about what stats to show, similar to useing the whole season as a form guide. lol

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

Its a margin of victory table, , we going to probably be more favourable given our superior goal difference and better goals conceded, I suppose its easy to get to a certian outcome when you picky about what stats to show, similar to useing the whole season as a form guide. lol

I didn't post it, just pointing out that you've made a point about goals scored recently affecting it and looking favourable when the last one sits in the first column.

4 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I didn't post it, just pointing out that you've made a point about goals scored recently affecting it and looking favourable when the last one sits in the first column.

Hopefully he can do a goals scored per game table, that ignores goals conceded.  Although now we playing enzo ball 2.0 we scoring more freely last three games.

Edited by Chrysalis

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

Hopefully he can do a goals scored per game table, that ignores goals conceded.  Although now we playing enzo ball 2.0 we scoring more freely last three games.

Weird that you’re trying to suggest I’ve got some sort of agenda to ‘cook’ the stats. 

And, it’s a margin of victory table, so…it only shows margin of victory. That’s all it can show? Not sure what you’re driving at. 

There’s been lots of comments floating around about us being crap at attacking/the top 4 being better than us. 

One measure is looking at margin of victory. Which we’re actually the best at. There’s not some other grand narrative at play. It’s quite a simple statistic, presented without much value judgement 

14 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

Do we want a draw at the weekend Leeds v Ipswich or Leeds win to create a gap ?

Can't really lose - if ipswich win it means we can go 16 points ahead of leeds, if leeds win at worst we're still 10 points ahead of them and still ahead of ipswich, if they draw, then we could edge 2 points further ahead of both of them.  All that really matters is us beating Rotherham.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Pita said:

A nice draw at Leeds v Ipswich at the weekend 

A draw would be the best result. It stops both of them winning and a start of gathering momentum, we go further ahead of both (should we win). 

• Like 1