Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

3 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

To be honest I couldn’t care less who wins between Leeds and Ipswich. I just solely want us to win knowing that we’re going to extend the lead over one of them if we do. It’s nice to have that additional certainty 

Even if you/we don't care that much it's nice from a personal point of view to motivate yourself watching a game like this and taking sides. It's just fun. 

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino

How is the best team in the league with the best defender and midfielder Wales has ever produced, the 43 best attackers to ever grace the Championship and Germany’s finest managerial creation now 13 points off top?

Absolute mystery!

4 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

15 more wins and we hit 100 points. I think our fixtures in the second half of the season are more difficult on paper than the first as we have to play Ipswich twice, Leeds away, Hull away, Sunderland away and Cov away but hopefully we can do it!

we are better away! 

Watch out for Rotherham at home, the curse of Yorkshire to continue 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Even if you/we don't care that much it's nice from a personal point of view to motivate yourself watching a game like this and taking sides. It's just fun. 

Yes, it’s only a personal point of view. 

I’m a natural worrier so I will only start looking at others if our position becomes secure. Ultimately I’d much rather Ipswich go up than Leeds, but my entire focus is on us at the moment 

Can't understand people wanting Leeds to pick up a point here. Gap to 3rd is by far the most important thing. However, even if Leeds lose, we now have Southampton who will probably maintain the current gap this weekend, assuming we beat Rotherham.

• Like 2

After we lost to Leeds they cut the gap to 11 from 14 it’s now back to 13 points. They have only lost once since then but drawn twice. Just shows how near to perfect they’ll need to be till now and the end of the season 

Edited by Noahfence
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Noahfence said:

After we lost to Leeds they cut the gap to 11 from 14 it’s now back to 13 points. They have only lost once since then but drawn twice. Just shows how near to perfect they’ll need to be till now and the end of the season 

Actually went down to 8 week after 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

Yes you’re right. Don’t think it ever went down to 5 did it? Just shows how ruthless we’ve been 

Only down to 8. It showed how delicate any length of lead is how it was slashed like that. All credit to the fact it was a short blip and we have now recovered that original lead (well one point less)!

37 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Personally will be cheering the draw this weekend. I quite like the idea of us gaining 2 on both of them. I know the gap to third is most important but a little dominance at the top would be nice too.

The best scenario is Ipswich beat Leeds, then we beat Rotherham and Ipswich.

16 point gap to Leeds, 6 point gap to Ipswich.

Although Southampton could still be 13 behind in third.

8 minutes ago, VictorFox said:

I personally think that Southampton will finish second can see them putting a run together second half of the season 

Southampton don't play us, Leeds or Ipswich until the last ten games of the season. They have a real chance with their fixture list to put a very good run together. 

26 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Southampton don't play us, Leeds or Ipswich until the last ten games of the season. They have a real chance with their fixture list to put a very good run together. 

Russell Martin will balls it up somehow. Shocking manager.

• Like 2