Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

11 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Ridiculous lol

No idea why they need so many categories either.  

Really is. Crazy as it doesn't utilise at all Wednesday’s two strong points a loyal crowd and large stadium.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Ok this is a big one IMO, I rate this guy as a player and I thought he was someone that would end up here. If he has been sold and he's not coming here than I can only assume we really are going for Carlo Borges / Cole Palmer, which is very exciting.

I think this is a really good pickup for Middlesborough, who I think will be one of the teams to beat this season, even if they are losing a number of their players.

And another big pickup. I guess this is the Lavia replacement who is off to the Premier League, but again a player we could have seen here. The plot thickens...

Why is Fabrizio announcing their birth years? Is he trying to make us feel very old.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

Coventry record signing 

Decent bit of business this. Pretty much like for like and they've pocketed £10m difference.

He did well whilst at Sunderland last season

6 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Decent bit of business this. Pretty much like for like and they've pocketed £10m difference.

He did well whilst at Sunderland last season

good signing will score plenty in the championship 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MS0204 said:

If anyone thinks Leicester tickets are steep this season, take a look at Sheffield Wednesdays.. category A-F :unsure: but A matches, £59???

Doesn’t make KPFC’s prices cheap

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

Correct

Thought so, thanks.

Fvck renewing my membership then.

I only like watching us lose away, and it was reasonable at £30.

I guess we'll be a category A team for most other Championship clubs and we'll be looking close to £50 a ticket?

No thanks.

9 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but am I right in thinking that away tickets aren't capped at £30 like they are in the Premier League?

9 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Thought so, thanks.

Fvck renewing my membership then.

I only like watching us lose away, and it was reasonable at £30.

I guess we'll be a category A team for most other Championship clubs and we'll be looking close to £50 a ticket?

No thanks.

The clubs have to do deals with each other regarding the away ticket prices. I bought away tickets for Fulham v Cov, Derby and Forest in 2021/22 and none were over £30.

So there is hope in them not being £50, if we've agreed a sensible price for the away fans coming here. 

Our fans: One of the draw backs to being successful is the amount of clingers on, granted being good can create generational support down the line but plenty of people change allegiances like the wind blows

Also our fans: looool Rotherham 120k followers get me out this poverty league 

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Simms will do OK but doubt he'll hit the heights of Gyokeres.

surely he’s miles away from him. Everton would have snapped your hands off to sign gyokeres yet couldn’t get simms out fast enough. 

Considering they ended up with gray up front for large periods and maupay… can’t be all that 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

surely he’s miles away from him. Everton would have snapped your hands off to sign gyokeres yet couldn’t get simms out fast enough. 

Considering they ended up with gray up front for large periods and maupay… can’t be all that 

I hope I don’t regret this comment but VK on the opening day of the season had me worried.

Simms, not so much….I’m sure he’ll run around a lot but from the limited games I saw him play for Everton he looked technically very, very average (minus that goal against Chelsea).

24 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I hope I don’t regret this comment but VK on the opening day of the season had me worried.

Simms, not so much….I’m sure he’ll run around a lot but from the limited games I saw him play for Everton he looked technically very, very average (minus that goal against Chelsea).

gives me waghorn vibes. he’ll be decent at the level but never someone to be overly worried about 

Edited by Lambert09