Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

3 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Personally will be cheering the draw this weekend. I quite like the idea of us gaining 2 on both of them. I know the gap to third is most important but a little dominance at the top would be nice too.

Leeds win and Morsy to get booked for Ipswich so he's suspended against us. Then Leeds lose away to baggies 2 games later for me

14 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

15 more wins and we hit 100 points. I think our fixtures in the second half of the season are more difficult on paper than the first as we have to play Ipswich twice, Leeds away, Hull away, Sunderland away and Cov away but hopefully we can do it!

Good job we have a fractionally better away record then ;)

Probably all been said but the Leeds Ipswich match result can be viewed optimistically regardless of result.

Leeds win - gives us the chance to go further ahead of Ipswich while still leaving plenty of gap to Leeds.

Ipswich win - puts more space between the top 2 and the chasing pack making automatic promotion more likely 

Draw - opportunity to forge further ahead of both of them

Obvious downsides to the this as well so I dunno :dunno:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, tom27111 said:

The best scenario is Ipswich beat Leeds, then we beat Rotherham and Ipswich.

16 point gap to Leeds, 6 point gap to Ipswich.

Although Southampton could still be 13 behind in third.

Yeh fair point, if we beat Ipswich then result becomes a bit redundant, but that above would be awesome. 

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Probably all been said but the Leeds Ipswich match result can be viewed optimistically regardless of result.

Leeds win - gives us the chance to go further ahead of Ipswich while still leaving plenty of gap to Leeds.

Ipswich win - puts more space between the top 2 and the chasing pack making automatic promotion more likely 

Draw - opportunity to forge further ahead of both of them

Obvious downsides to the this as well so I dunno :dunno:

Come on Wigston Wanderer make a decision, call it, dont be indecisive its Christmas 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Stoke seem to attract decent managers despite never doing anything 

Despite their billionaire owners (Bet365, whose founders/chairpeople are all from Stoke-on-Trent), they seem to get worse after each season.

I think the key thing a lot of people are missing, is that if ipswich win. There’s a very good chance their better players lose faith and try to leave in january. 

I’m not expecting anyone we want to keep to be looking to move.  Ipswich aren’t a team of individuals… leeds would suffer if james, summerville or rutter wanted to get out 

If you actually think about the numbers, if we beat rotherham, and leeds beat ipswich, and then we beat ipswich - we'll suddenly be 9 points ahead of them - that's a massive lead.

Totally relaxed about the Leeds Ipswich game, I don't really care about the result, whatever it is has it's positives for us. If Leeds catch us from here they'll have to put together one of the best runs of all time, and/or we'll have to totally collapse (or a mixture of both).

I'm expecting 92/93 points to be enough for automatic promotion.

• Like 1