Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

5 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

If you actually think about the numbers, if we beat rotherham, and leeds beat ipswich, and then we beat ipswich - we'll suddenly be 9 points ahead of them - that's a massive lead.

I would rather Ipswich and Leeds drew. 8 still eight points ahead of Ipswich but 15 points ahead of leeds....that would be great!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Totally relaxed about the Leeds Ipswich game, I don't really care about the result, whatever it is has it's positives for us. If Leeds catch us from here they'll have to put together one of the best runs of all time, and/or we'll have to totally collapse (or a mixture of both).

I'm expecting 92/93 points to be enough for automatic promotion.

Not really.

The simplest way of looking at it would be if Leeds had our form for the rest of the season and we had theirs (which is still just under 2 points a game) we’d swap places. 

I don’t think it’s yet beyond the realms of reasonable contemplation 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Not really.

The simplest way of looking at it would be if Leeds had our form for the rest of the season and we had theirs (which is still just under 2 points a game) we’d swap places. 

If they had our form (2.5PPG) for the rest of the season that would be the best Championship run ever, as ours currently is over 22 games, theirs would be over 24. This would require them to win 20 of their 24 games, which would see them on 102 points. The chances of that are very slim, albeit possible.

To achieve 102 points we need to win 15 and draw 2 games from 24. Still very good form I admit (1.95PPG), but a lot lower than the 2.5 PPG we have currently.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

I would rather Ipswich and Leeds drew. 8 still eight points ahead of Ipswich but 15 points ahead of leeds....that would be great!

Sure, wasn't really debating that - just amazed at how big the gap could suddenly be  - 8 or 9 is still huge.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

If they had our form (2.5PPG) for the rest of the season that would be the best Championship run ever, as ours currently is over 22 games, theirs would be over 24. This would require them to win 20 of their 24 games, which would see them on 102 points. The chances of that are very slim, albeit possible.

To achieve 102 points we need to win 15 and draw 2 games from 24. Still very good form I admit (1.95PPG), but a lot lower than the 2.5 PPG we have currently.

The our form/their form thing was just an illustration really. 

Another example would be Burnley last season who hit 57 points from their last 24 games. If Leeds did that we’d need to average more than 1.83 points per game. 

I think the reality is that our form would probably have to slip to something like 1.6 points per game (which is around play off chasing form) and Leeds would have to maintain over 2 points per game. Again, you’d like to think that won’t happen, but not inconceivable if we had a run of injuries and poor form 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Ipswich’s Luongo makes the decision to retire from international football and will now not miss any games for the up and coming Asian Cup.

Ironically, fellow Roo Harry Souttar appears to have called time on club football.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

Not really.

The simplest way of looking at it would be if Leeds had our form for the rest of the season and we had theirs (which is still just under 2 points a game) we’d swap places

But only on alphabetical order

As much as I hope Ipswich thrash Leeds, i can kind of see a weak argument at least for the draw given Southampton are level on points with Leeds. Genuinely wanting Leeds to beat Ipswich strikes me as crackers though. Whether we finish 1st or 2nd doesn’t matter, keeping as big a gap as possible to 3rd is the goal. 

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

The our form/their form thing was just an illustration really. 

Another example would be Burnley last season who hit 57 points from their last 24 games. If Leeds did that we’d need to average more than 1.83 points per game. 

I think the reality is that our form would probably have to slip to something like 1.6 points per game (which is around play off chasing form) and Leeds would have to maintain over 2 points per game. Again, you’d like to think that won’t happen, but not inconceivable if we had a run of injuries and poor form 

Rodgers managed to throw away an equally sizable points lead during the Covid Season.  Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. There are some difficult games ahead of us and for sure we will have another wobble at some stage.  4 points out of the next two games will be excellent, plus an early cup exit.

7 hours ago, Sampson said:

As much as I hope Ipswich thrash Leeds, i can kind of see a weak argument at least for the draw given Southampton are level on points with Leeds. Genuinely wanting Leeds to beat Ipswich strikes me as crackers though. Whether we finish 1st or 2nd doesn’t matter, keeping as big a gap as possible to 3rd is the goal. 

matters to me. i want us to have the record number of div 1/championship wins.

everything doesn't have to be about the Premier League. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Out Foxed said:

matters to me. i want us to have the record number of div 1/championship wins.

everything doesn't have to be about the Premier League. 

Be nice to win the league obviously to have the outright record for the second tier but this just makes us the best at being second best? 😂