Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

21 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I agree a draw is preferable. But if one has to win, it seems you’re using Southampton likely winning as justification for Leeds to win. We want them both to lose for the foreseeable! What Southampton are or aren’t doing doesn’t change what we want Leeds to do.

Promotion first then title. We have only just reached halfway this weekend so wanting Leeds to lose it still the logical viewpoint.

Not when they're facing Ipswich! People are honestly being disrespectful to Ipswich when they imply Leeds are the bigger threat. Ipswich have shown the ability and momentum to keep pushing us, far more so than Leeds so an Ipswich win is the last thing we want regardless of who they're playing 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Not when they're facing Ipswich! People are honestly being disrespectful to Ipswich when they imply Leeds are the bigger threat. Ipswich have shown the ability and momentum to keep pushing us, far more so than Leeds so an Ipswich win is the last thing we want regardless of who they're playing 

I’m not sure it’s about that as much as eliminating threats. Eliminate Leeds and Southampton then deal with Ipswich.

End of the day, a draw is best, both losing 2 points. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I’m not sure it’s about that as much as eliminating threats. Eliminate Leeds and Southampton then deal with Ipswich.

End of the day, a draw is best, both losing 2 points. 

Four points dropped in a draw (2 each) is better than 3 points dropped (1 team).....draw all day long

• Like 3

1 hour ago, john ridley said:

Think Southampton are more of a threat  than Leeds. 

They draw far too many games. They are slowly sorting their goal difference out but Martin has a natural Flair at his teams struggling to score and/or concede a shit load.

1 hour ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Apologies if this has already been touched upon but ST Podcast had the Ipswich keeper ahead of Mads in team of the season so far?

Winks was also nowhere to be seen. 

Vesty, Faes and KDH rightly in it. 

Ignore these and do not let them infect your brain.

No person in the world can build a team of the season, especially at this time. Which pundit or podcast has been able to watch every minute of every player so far this season to make a fully considered decision. It's on hearsay, clips and hype alone, and they need a mix to keep people engaged/interested/outraged.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Apologies if this has already been touched upon but ST Podcast had the Ipswich keeper ahead of Mads in team of the season so far?

Its like when Fifa sets world cup all star teams, they need to bring in some who hasnt been the best, but plays one of the semifinalist. Cant see what stats they think the Ipswich keeper is better than Mads in and they must think he doesnt have to do anything standing behind Vesty and Faes 😂

8 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I couldn’t don’t care about Ipswich, not because I don’t think they’ll stay the course or to be disrespectful to them, but if they catch us and Leeds don’t the prize remains the same.

First or second, we go up and that’s what we all want. As big a gap as possible between us and 3rd, then we can think about winning the league.

Being in the top two is all that matters !!

finishing first is nice but promotion is what’s important 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Ignore these and do not let them infect your brain.

No person in the world can build a team of the season, especially at this time. Which pundit or podcast has been able to watch every minute of every player so far this season to make a fully considered decision. It's on hearsay, clips and hype alone, and they need a mix to keep people engaged/interested/outraged.

They’ve probably watched more minutes of different teams than I have and many other people on this forum to be fair:

We all tend to be a bit parochial when it comes to our own team 

13 hours ago, CheeseHead said:

Just watched a Leeds podcast, recorded just before their game v Sunderland. They were confidently predicting that Leeds would finish as champions, with one of the them predicting  a 'Maresca collapse' to 5th position. Are all Leeds fans this delusional?

I really can't see west brom making up 20 points on us!  the maths would be staggering.

7 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

If it's based on Opta ratings - it's very tight.  their guy has lead most of the season, but mads has crept ahead recently, now hladky has edged ahead but it's 6.8 vs 6.79

3 hours ago, Bazly said:

They are falling out of the rafters, I almost dropped my jaw when I read this headline:

Ian Holloway has advice for Leeds United, Leicester City and Ipswich Town in promotion race

Thanks Ian but, should treble winner Enzo need to 'phone a friend' for advice, I'm hoping he'll scroll through his contacts list and select serial trophy winner Pep. No offence though Ian :ph34r:

I wonder how much longer Ryan Lowe will last at Preston even though they are still 9th

After 6 straight wins at the start of the season since then their record is just 3 wins in 16 games

Conceded a lot of goals as well

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Bazly said:

They are falling out of the rafters, I almost dropped my jaw when I read this headline:

Ian Holloway has advice for Leeds United, Leicester City and Ipswich Town in promotion race

I think it's brilliant if he gives advice because we will then know exactly what to do. The complete opposite of whatever he said.