Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

5 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Not sure anyone below southampton can realistically be called a threat anymore.  west brom are closer to relegation than to us!

While I agree, You can never say never in football. I seem to remember us going on a lte surging run to the playoffs in ONeills time I think it was.

Anyone of the top 10 dropping points is a bonus.

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

While I agree, You can never say never in football. I seem to remember us going on a lte surging run to the playoffs in ONeills time I think it was.

It's a bonus, but 19 points means they'd have to win 7 games more than us with the same number of draws.  I just don't see us losing 7 games, even if west brom or hull miraculously won every game they play from now until the end of the season

• Like 3

Take the positives whatever the result. Ipswich win and there's a bigger gap to be made to Leeds. Draw and we can create a bigger gap to both. Leeds win and we can create a bigger gap to 2nd. And while that's seen as the less favourable outcome by many, I think that's because they've forgotten about Saints, who could keep the gap to 3rd the same regardless of the Leeds/Ipswich result if they pick up a win for themselves.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Don't really care.

Take care of our own business in the next 24 games it will not matter what other clubs do.

Fair enough. If we’re top of the tree with 61 pts at the halfway mark I think we can be prettt confident, though 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I’m usually the biggest pragmatist going when it comes to these type of conversations, but I really think that it’s 2 from 4 now in terms of automatic promotion.

For a team 5-10 to get automatic promotion they’d have to rely on not one team’s form collapsing, but four. I don’t think that’s going happen. If our form dropped to the extent that, say, West Brom caught us then I think they’d actually be the least of our problems. As it’s likely there would already be another 2 to 3 teams ahead of us. 

These things are always interesting for added security, but ultimately the only form that matters is our own 

• Like 3