Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

I mean credit Leeds, they beat them away they are beating them at home, can't do much more that that really, can they!

Not drop points in loads of other games would help.

• Haha 1

At the risk of looking like a twat in a week's time, I think this little run could be the end of Ipswich's title challenge tbh. They look completely overwhelmed by Leeds. 

I think we'll have far too much for them to be honest. We take six points off them in our two games and it's basically done unless we bottle it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark_w said:

Not drop points in loads of other games would help.

I mean as far as playing Ipswich is concerned, they can do no more (I would have thought that point was obvious)

Just now, lcfcdamo said:

1 off game means nothing are team is better than both of these by a mile

Yes I agree we’re the better side, it was just a point that it doesn’t mean we automatically go to Portman Road and win on Boxing Day. Not that you were insinuating that

10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah that's kind of the match in a nutshell. Ipswich play a really intense high press and are willing to be a lot more direct than us our Southampton in their approach. However, this means that if you beat their press there are a lot of gaps in their side when in transition as sometimes they commit both fullback forwards at the same time.

They will be at home on Boxing Day and will really take the game to us. Birmingham tried to press us high but did it naively, whereas so far we struggled pretty badly against Sunderland and Leeds. However, as we are away from home it may suit us, see our counter attacking against Southampton and Birmingham.

To me so far in this game, Ipswich have had more control and possession but have been killed in transition. It's a good game to watch to be fair!

Can already see us being utterly wasteful in front of goal after breaking through for the 15th time

1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

Obviously Ipswich are a decent side. They must be. But in this opening half an hour they’ve been crap!

I think you're being harsh here. Their playing out from the back has been really impressive. They have been able at times to build from the back and advance up the pitch in one of the most hostile away grounds in the division.

This game reminds me a lot of Leeds' performance against us. Kamara and Ampadu have been outstanding, Kamara especially, who has turned it over in dangerous positions many times. For Ipswich Sam Morsey is one of their most important players when building, he's the player most similar to Harry Winks in the division, but Leeds have done a job on him at the right times.

It does feel like Ipswich know it's a big game though and have folded in the face of pressure. That second goal was awful from Davis who has been one of the best players in the league this season.

If I was a betting man, I'd say Leeds will score more goals though. They have this game exactly where they want it and James and Summerville have the freedom of Elland Road.

Just now, Danizen said:

When can we write Ipswich off in this game?

They've been like thrush, this season 

Ipswich will collect 15 points from 15 against poorer teams while Leeds will tell us how amazing they are and then collect 10 from 15 against the same teams.