Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

25 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

If you had change something about the championship like in type of ruling what would it be.

Like should four teams be relegated instead of three, would you scrap two legged semi final play off games.

Yes I would scrap the 2 legged semi final play off games..

Either have a draw for home advantage..

Or select neutral stadium ( not Wembley) near both teams,where possible.

I would also be harder on play-off places. 5th or 6th place,do not deserve right to

have a 2nd bite of the cherry..Just 3rd & 4th against each other..

If so then one keeps the 2 legged play-off. No extra time,straight to penalties.

For the relegation. Keep to 3.. Maybe bottom 2 relegated, 3 rd from bottom plays

winner from 3rd & 4th spot. from lower league.

On 09/07/2023 at 16:28, stu said:

Alex Scott replacement, or different type of midfielder?

Not a replacement, we all want Scott to stay including our manager. But realistically sooner or later Knight will probably end up as that.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Yes I would scrap the 2 legged semi final play off games..

Either have a draw for home advantage..

Or select neutral stadium ( not Wembley) near both teams,where possible.

I would also be harder on play-off places. 5th or 6th place,do not deserve right to

have a 2nd bite of the cherry..Just 3rd & 4th against each other..

If so then one keeps the 2 legged play-off. No extra time,straight to penalties.

For the relegation. Keep to 3.. Maybe bottom 2 relegated, 3 rd from bottom plays

winner from 3rd & 4th spot. from lower league.

Yeah great idea we finished 5th in 96 thst would totally erase the legendary MON era 96 Palace play off  and probably the future 97 League Cup at Hillsborough back in the day  Yeah great idea!🤪

Edited by Jono1604
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EnderbyFox said:

And Instagram.. we are massive

We have 5 million more than Sevilla. We are an international football club following wise and reminds us that being in the championship is an embarrassment.

Edited by Fightforever
  • Like 2

The social media followings on both instagram and twitter show how different a club we are now to when we were last in the Championship. The gift of the PL winning season. FA Cup. Vichai's dream. Pearson's building. Mahrez, Vardy, Kante. Record signings etc. Europe. CL. Were dreams, fantasy's for a club of our size back then. Gifts. Gifts that are very unlikely to come again. 

Every time you look forward with positivity, you remember what a set of rat bastard's did. The squad, Rodgers, Top and Rudkin. Idiots. 

Ah well, Conor Coady talks a good game. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Jono1604 said:

Yeah great idea we finished 5th in 96 thst would totally erase the legendary MON era 96 Palace play off  and probably the future 97 League Cup at Hillsborough back in the day  Yeah great idea!🤪

So…I am not egoistic or bias towards my team…

Plus what you mention was in the past…

My comments were based on….gathering experience,and opinionating on future descisions…

Some fans on here were not even born in 96…

It may come strange to you but generally fans

will change opinions/ideas has times move on…

but because I am an old wise fox, Even back then I didn’t agree with 4 th or 5th being in the mix…Nor do I believe other than winners of their leagues should be competing in the „Champions League“..

Why should a non Champion have the right to play in the Champions League…

And thx that you can only sarcastically compute or reason on others opinions…:P

5 hours ago, Jono1604 said:

Imagine being the Ipswich Town chairman (David Sheepshanks?) that constantly lobbied to scrap away goals in the play-offs, got his way, then immediately got knocked out, when they would have gone through on away goals lol

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

And Instagram.. we are massive

with such a huge following on social media it surprises me that the club doesn't try advertisements for extra money. not say they should get manscaped etc but something appropriate that would bring in some extra money to the club.

9 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

with such a huge following on social media it surprises me that the club doesn't try advertisements for extra money. not say they should get manscaped etc but something appropriate that would bring in some extra money to the club.

I feel QPR could build a great Manscape Ad using their home ground Shepherds Bush

• Haha 1