Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

3 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Ipswich have completely shit the bed for this game, none of them have turned up and don’t look like they were mentally ready.

Clearly there to be got at but they are much better at home than away and the worry is that they’ll be ready to atone for this come Tuesday. Probably the worst way this game could go for us.

Either will be shattered confidence against us or lessons learned.  We might be best off with a 4+ goal ipswich defeat now I think.

Edited by Chrysalis

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

Ipswich have completely shit the bed for this game, none of them have turned up and don’t look like they were mentally ready.

Clearly there to be got at but they are much better at home than away and the worry is that they’ll be ready to atone for this come Tuesday. Probably the worst way this game could go for us.

Dream scenario is to start fast against them and get a goal, because you can tell they know this is the most important part of their season.

The lads stepped up fantastically away to Southampton so I think Enzo will drill it into them to start quickly.

I gave Ipswich some respect earlier, but totally agree that mentally they have fallen apart big time here.

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Leeds have given us the blueprint of what to do in the Ipswich game. Press the bejesus out of their back line and Morsey and you'll have joy.

Leif Davis must have had the worst half of his career!

They are very happy with "Agent Davis" over on the Leeds forum

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Wow ...... Ipswich got the big wobbles

This could be the beginning of their capitulation or they will want to put this right against us😵‍💫

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

How long have you been supporting this team? Has to be less than 2 years to say something like this lol

There's a difference between being in a good position to finish top 4 in the prem with brendan Rodgers as your manager and losing out at the end (an absolute certainty really) than losing automatic promotion from this position against vastly inferior sides. 

As much as people on here like to wet the bed over every team in championship essentially being the best thing since we'll.... us. We far and away the best team this league has ever had grace it. 

30 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

It really doesn't matter though, does it?

Do first and second play in the Premier League next season?

That's all that matters.

As said before, I think it’s absolutely vital for us to win this league. We must get another trophy in the cabinet 

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

As said before, I think it’s absolutely vital for us to win this league. We must get another trophy in the cabinet 

No, vital is coming top 2 and achieving Premier League status.

You know they've introduced a trophy for coming second too?

1 minute ago, sishades said:

For me the title is everything. It will be another trophy to show my IYFC supporting boss. Endless hours of fun.

Madness. You do realise that if we finish second we go back to the premier league? First place can go and suck a dick for all I’m concerned. Top 2 is everything 

Just now, coolhandfox said:

People banging on about second.

If we don't finish first after the best start in championship history and our squad we want shooting.

Missing context that there’s a team a point below us with the 2nd best start in championship history - no?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Boxing Day was always going to be a dicey fixture, whatever happens, but you’re right. Most of their fans seem content to split the 2 games against us and Leeds, so we  now have to ensure that we don’t become the credit side of the split. 

Edited by NaijaFox

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

No, vital is coming top 2 and achieving Premier League status.

You know they've introduced a trophy for coming second too?

The aim should be too come top no matter what, if we come second as a result of wanting to win so be it, but top is and should be the main aim, otherwise whats the point.

• Like 1

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

Most ridiculous thing I’ve read today. What a sad world we now live in

Only happened a few years ago after some people kicked off that second place wasn't acknowledged. 

Effectively, you could come 6th and lift a trophy for winning the play-offs, but get nothing for achieving automatic promotion.