Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

48 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Because you want to make the gap as big as possible between both of them.

Leeds dropping points would be beneficial to us.

Let's secure top 2 and worry about coming first afterwards. 

Winning the league has literally no extra benefits over coming second.

I don't understand this attitude.  It literally wins us silverware and a record eighth second tier title.  

• Like 4

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

The aim THIS season should be to win the league. We’re the best team in it. We should be aiming to add to our trophy haul.

So are you saying that coming second and achieving our ultimate goal would be failure?

Because it wouldn't be.

Nobody remembers or cares where you finish, as long as you reach the Premier League.

Just now, tom27111 said:

So are you saying that coming second and achieving our ultimate goal would be failure?

Because it wouldn't be.

Nobody remembers or cares where you finish, as long as you reach the Premier League.

Yes. It absolutley would be from here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vazman said:

Yes by coming first / top of the Championship, as I said if we come second as a consequence of trying to finish top then so be it.

Why on Earth would that even need to be said, it’s the aim of every single team. The most important thing is to ensure we are promoted, not finish first or we stay in this league and try again. lol

6 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Winning any league is classed as a major honour/trophy. Why would anyone not see this as the main ambition this season?🤷🏻‍♂️

The main objective is promotion, once thats mathematically done, then top spot if achievable is second aim in my opinion.

clearly Leeds winning is the worst out of 3 possible results, but we have a nice buffer so its not the end of the world, we just keep doing our own job and keep the gap.

we will likely back off once top 2 is locked in, not worth risking injuries etc. for it will be the mentality from manager I expect.

Edited by Chrysalis

Just now, murphy said:

I don't understand this attitude.  It literally wins us silverware and a record eighth second tier title.  

So?

If we came second, would we be playing in the same division next season as the team that won it?

Thats all that matters.