Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I don't need to.

There are plenty in the squad still that have won a major honour or 2.

The Championship is not a major honour. 

Sorry but I have to disagspelling

ree. You can only win the league your competing in. Ny winning youv'e proved your better than the other 23 sides in the Championship.

That's the essense of Football.

Edited by Clever Fox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sbfox said:

This is what I love about FT. Posters showing themselves to be wrong and then repeating it over and over and over and over again. Brilliant stuff. 

So if the championship is a major trophy, what’s the EPL? The FA Cup? Or do you think they are all comparable?

7 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

So?

If we came second, would we be playing in the same division next season as the team that won it?

Thats all that matters.

The title matters to me too.

We have dropped 11 points all season.  Leeds start today 13 points behind us.   IF we beat Rotherham, that gap is maintained with half the season gone.

Forget about Leeds.  We need to hold off Ipswich for the title.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Finishing second after the start we've had would require a collapse that could very easily continue into the following season. It's first or bust this year, us finishing second would show we dont have the mentality to stay up in the PL

I'd go as far as saying it doesnt matter at all. The league will be nice to win for this season to us (if we win it) but won last years championship is pretty irrelevant to Burnley or Sheffield United this season and trying to stay in the premier league.

Edited by Nalis

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

Sorry but I have to disagspelling

ree. You can only win the league your competing in. Ny winning youv'e proved your better than the other 23 sides in the Championship.

That's the essense of Football.

So, by that logic, you're telling me winning your Sunday league is a major honour?

• Like 2

Just now, Clever Fox said:

It is to the players competing at that level.

We have the benefit of living outside the here and now and know we have achieved greater honours, to diminish them by pretending all honours are equal is just weird.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Md9 said:

Ipswich are going to lose their heads here

Red cards and injuries will be very welcome, as will the clear loss of self belief that is feeding into the current frustration. 

Put them to the sword and we’ll kill their season. 

9 minutes ago, Nalis said:

For me this just means its so important for us to get a win today.

Ipswich will react to this, would take a draw on boxing day. 

Ridiculously negative way of looking at this tbh. 

Leeds are showing how this Ipswich side can be got at by genuine quality. 

We should be fancying a win by a couple of goals. 

Absolutely no complacency from the players but we go at these ruthless, confident and motivated and we'll do them

• Like 2