Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

, to diminish them by pretending all honours are equal is just weird.

Nobody has said that they are equal. Its an addition to the "Honours Won" in the club history. Nowhere does it say "Runners up" because runners up is gash.

• Like 3

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

I'd agree with this.

Obviously winning the Prem is the be all and end all but winning any league is a major honor.

Yes I totally agree m But what makes the Premiership any better , It's only the money involved. It's still 20 teams competing against each other.

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I'd go as far as saying it doesnt matter at all. The league will be nice to win for this season to us (if we win it) but won last years championship is pretty irrelevant to Burnley or Sheffield United this season and trying to stay in the premier league.

It's about showing fight, are we winning because we have superior players or because we have the mentality to win every game? If we fall off and finish second it suggests that we are getting promoted on player quality rather than mentality, which is a bad recipe for staying up in the PL because we will no longer have that player quality advantage. Some of the better promoted sides came up through the playoffs rather than automatics, the reason why they did better in the PL is because they had to fight to get through the play offs

1 minute ago, David Hankey said:

Let's hope the wheels come off the 'Tractor Boys' on Boxing Day.

The wheels are off right now.  This has been a capitulation.  It will be a good measure of McKenna to see if he can get heads straightened out in 3 days to face another quality side.  Their season may depend on it

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes I totally agree m But what makes the Premiership any better , It's only the money involved. It's still 20 teams competing against each other.

Err… because you’re the best team in the country rather than the best team in a league you didn’t really want to be in? 

5 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Red cards and injuries will be very welcome, as will the clear loss of self belief that is feeding into the current frustration. 

Put them to the sword and we’ll kill their season. 

Wouldn’t have minded a draw here or even an ipswich win just to keep Leeds further away  if we win would rather any other team than leeds go up to just to see their meltdown at the end of the season 

Just now, sishades said:

Nobody has said that they are equal. Its an addition to the "Honours Won" in the club history. Nowhere does it say "Runners up" because runners up is gash.

Nobody is saying we don’t want to win the league, but to say it is a major honour as the FA Cup or EPL title is laughable. Please win it, add it to our record books, but it cannot be compared to an EPL title, so struggle to see it as major  as that is all. Anyway, 3 points against Rotherham please chaps.

16 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Why on Earth would that even need to be said, it’s the aim of every single team. The most important thing is to ensure we are promoted, not finish first or we stay in this league and try again. lol

I know it was an obvious comment, i didn't really need you to point it out to me, but as its Christmas thanks 😉

1 minute ago, Jobyfox said:

Err… because you’re the best team in the country rather than the best team in a league you didn’t really want to be in? 

It's just a grading system, it doesn't really mean your the best in the country just that accumalated the most points.

You can just as easily be beaten by a lower league team, But that doesn't make them better than you either. 

1 hour ago, westernpark said:

Yes I agree we’re the better side, it was just a point that it doesn’t mean we automatically go to Portman Road and win on Boxing Day. Not that you were insinuating that

Anything can happen on any 1 off game reckon us leeds will go up this year 

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Nobody is saying we don’t want to win the league, but to say it is a major honour as the FA Cup or EPL title is laughable. Please win it, add it to our record books, but it cannot be compared to an EPL title, so struggle to see it as major  as that is all. Anyway, 3 points against Rotherham please chaps.

Its relative I think.  It is definitely a tier down from the EPL title and FA Cup and I don't think that anyone is arguing that it isn't, but you can still consider it a major honour below those.

Lets be honest, the prem title is not realistically repeatable and we may have to wait another hundred years for an FA Cup, so for us, an eighth second tier title should be considered a major honour.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, murphy said:

Its relative I think.  It is definitely a tier down from the tier and I don't think that anyone is arguing that it isn't, but you can still consider it a major honour below those.

Lets be honest, the prem title is not realistically repeatable and we may have to wait another hundred years for an FA Cup, so for us, an eighth second tier title should be considered a major honour.

Correct.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Looking forward to the return of @Pub breath to tell us how Leeds are going to catch us.

Been in Lanzarote mate.  Really sorry about not spending my holiday on Foxes Talk!!!

Where was this post where I said Leeds would catch Leicester?  I said literally rhe opposite, several times.