Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

7 minutes ago, Tuna said:

It will be a very different game on their patch, but we need to start fast and get an early goal

No..scoring early,late,or equal them..

depending on results before we 2 meet again.

This Leeds vs Leicester is no defining game,if Leeds prefer that word or bragging

rights,let them have it..

They should enjoy today ,make Monday morning write ups,interesting for all fans.

About time Leeds this season shown they do have THAT squad & Farke  keep telling the world about..

If they make & earn it fair dues…

I prefer Maresca’s approach,stay balanced and collective,our potential our mission

is based on a different perspective & club seeing itself starting from ground zero.

Leeds believed it WAS too good to go down, we believed we had the players with the skills to prevent it,but not mental aptitude to force our stature,which in the end was self delusion.

This could be Leeds singular high,let see if their strengths are in that alround distribution and a quality that delivers consistency..

I believe we have discovered ourselves,and Enzo being canny, believes it’s ON, but

rightly knows we have to earn it…

Farke does not have that resilience within him ..yet.!!
He might find winding into Febuary,his squad & himself can embrace it..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Two teams go up automatically. If we get back to the Prem I don't really give a shit if it's first or second. Look at Ipswich and Plymouth this year. 

Having a team stay with us for most of the year is probably good for us and character building for the squad. I'd rather that team be Ipswich than have dirty Leeds catch up. Plus they could be 16 points below us at the end of the day and that's almost certainly too much for them to recover unless we show relegation form. 

We've got quickfire games against Ipswich also to make our own gap there and I think we're much better equipped to beat them than Leeds. 

I mean a draw is fine. Leeds winning is fine. We're fine any which way. But I'd rather an Ipswich win. 

Too sensible and pragmatic.

I'm here for winning the league with record points and an embarrassing gulf to the 2nd place dogfight.

You always talk sense.

Edited by Bourbon Fox
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, murphy said:

Its relative I think.  It is definitely a tier down from the EPL title and FA Cup and I don't think that anyone is arguing that it isn't, but you can still consider it a major honour below those.

Lets be honest, the prem title is not realistically repeatable and we may have to wait another hundred years for an FA Cup, so for us, an eighth second tier title should be considered a major honour.

I get it, I do, what you say is true, and when is winning a trophy ever unwanted?  The fact something is no longer unlikely should not denigrate  past achievements in the face of more achievable contemporary ones, but maybe that is just me, everyone sees it different I guess and perhaps after a troubling period, it maybe just what we need.

34 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Looking forward to the return of @Pub breath to tell us how Leeds are going to catch us.

8 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

You thoughts I'd said we'd catch you, didn't you.  Be honest mate :D

No, as I would have use a phrase that was past tense if that's what I thought rather then 'looking forward'

Just new you would be lurking with Leeds winning so had to reel you in :fishing:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

I get it, I do, what you say is true, and when is winning a trophy ever unwanted?  The fact something is no longer unlikely should not denigrate  past achievements in the face of more achievable contemporary ones, but maybe that is just me, everyone sees it different I guess and perhaps after a troubling period, it maybe just what we need.

This is not intended as a dig, but I'm not sure that you do get it.  No one is denigrating our PL title and FA Cup by saying that The Championship title is the same thing.  I think that you have come to the conclusion that people are saying that by yourself.  It isn't remotely the same, but I choose to still call it a major honour, below those, particularly as it would be a record eighth, but then I choose to think that the Community Shield is a major honour too.

Look at it this way, I'd consider an OBE to be a major honour but it is levels below a Victoria Cross for instance. 

45 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So if the championship is a major trophy, what’s the EPL? The FA Cup? Or do you think they are all comparable?

Also major trophies? Some have more heritage or prestige, but winning any league is still a major achievement. 

I suppose this conversation explains why massive chunks of our fanbase are so poor. 

7 minutes ago, murphy said:

This is not intended as a dig, but I'm not sure that you do get it.  No one is denigrating our PL title and FA Cup by saying that The Championship title is the same thing.  I think that you have come to the conclusion that people are saying that by yourself.  It isn't remotely the same, but I choose to still call it a major honour, below those, particularly as it would be a record eighth, but then I choose to think that the Community Shield is a major honour too.

Look at it this way, I'd consider an OBE to be a major honour but it is levels below a Victoria Cross for instance. 

That was my assumed meaning behind these comments, and I just struggle to see the same description appointed to the Championship Trophy, applied to other past honours we have won, but as stated, the fact I cannot view them as comparable, it's just a personal take. 

2 minutes ago, sbfox said:

Also major trophies? Some have more heritage or prestige, but winning any league is still a major achievement. 

I suppose this conversation explains why massive chunks of our fanbase are so poor. 

Sorry I am lost as to the last sentence, but I gather others view a trophy as major almost regardless of its global import. 

11 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Beware of the wounded animal. I was ok with a leeds win but not happy with this. It's going to wake up Ipswich. A hard games just got harder.

We need to do our thing to the best of our ability and beat them. That's not changed.

Two losses on the bounce to 3rd and 1st could hole Ipswich below the waterline. I'd rather have them looking over their shoulder than not.

If we're to be worthy champions we need to beat whoever's in front of us and win these tough games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry I am lost as to the last sentence, but I gather others view a trophy as major almost regardless of its global import. 

Entitlement. Not treating the Championship with respect because it's not a "major achievement". 

13 minutes ago, murphy said:

The Victoria Cross is a gallantry award the OBE isn't.. Just saying

3 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

We need to do our thing to the best of our ability and beat them. That's not changed.

Two losses on the bounce to 3rd and 1st could hole Ipswich below the waterline. I'd rather have them looking over their shoulder than not.

If we're to be worthy champions we need to beat whoever's in front of us and win these tough games.

I understand all that. But it don't change my point. A wounded animal is always more dangerous. And they have just been wounded.