Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Just now, sbfox said:

Entitlement. Not treating the Championship with respect because it's not a "major achievement". 

Queens is an impressive tennis tournament, but it does not have the same prestige as a Grand Slam, that's the comparison I was making. 

• Like 1

I stand by what I said as a draw would have been the best result. Don’t like Leeds winning and as convincingly as they did.

so does ipswich hit back or do they break if they get beat by us?

we just gotta focus on our own games that’s all. Onwards and upwards we go!

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

Please explain how the second tier is a major honour?

I'll wait.

Well in money earnings it pays out more than the champions league and winning the prem. So I would say that's pretty major. Just like winning the playoffs carries the biggest prize for a single game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Well in money earnings it pays out more than the champions league and winning the prem. So I would say that's pretty major. Just like winning the playoffs carries the biggest prize for a single game.

OK? Still doesn't make it a major honour. Neither is winning the play-offs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Queens is an impressive tennis tournament, but it does not have the same prestige as a Grand Slam, that's the comparison I was making. 

Bit different when tennis has 4 major tournaments? 

Edited by sbfox

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Put it this way. The Premier, FA Cup and League Cup all have clubs competing from level one. Even if clubs use weaker line ups in some matches or even if you won the Cup beating only lower division teams. This is why they are the majors of the domestic football in England and Wales

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I see you're struggling to justify your earlier comment then.

I don't need to. Objectively, winning one of the most watched, well known, richest leagues in the world is a major achievement. I can't help you with your entitlement. 

1 minute ago, sbfox said:

I don't need to. Objectively, winning one of the most watched, well known, richest leagues in the world is a major achievement. I can't help you with your entitlement. 

How are you classing it as a major honour though? 

I genuinely need you to explain your thought process. 

It isn't a major honour, that's a factual statement. I don't know how you can even contest it?

It isn't even a debate.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

It isn't a major honour, that's a factual statement. I don't know how you can even contest it?

It isn't even a debate.

I can help you out with this one. It wasn't a major honour when Newcastle won it but it will be when we win it why that is, I don't know though.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I stand by what I said as a draw would have been the best result. Don’t like Leeds winning and as convincingly as they did.

so does ipswich hit back or do they break if they get beat by us?

we just gotta focus on our own games that’s all. Onwards and upwards we go!

I agree that a draw would have been best, or maybe even an Ipswich win! The last thing City need right now is for the two-horse race to become a three-horse race.

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Ultimate Honours (top level):

World Cup

European Championship

Champions League

Supreme Honours (2nd level):

Premier League

FA Cup

Europa League

Major Honours (3rd level):

League Cup

Europa Conference League

Championship

League 1

League 2

Honours (4th grade):

Play offs (any)

Community Shield

League trophy 

thanks for your patience 😄

I’ll wait for your witty response 

Thats quite laughable to be honest

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

Thats quite laughable to be honest

It’s basically just a debate about the use of the English language. Any superlative can be put in front of the word ‘honour’ to put whatever spin anyone would want to put on it!

Fact is, for Leicester to win yet another league, is a major achievement. That’s that.

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

It’s basically just a debate about the use of the English language. Any superlative can be put in front of the word ‘honour’ to put whatever spin anyone would want to put on it!

Fact is, for Leicester to win yet another league, is a major achievement. That’s that.

But it isn't a major honour is it?

So glad we've won 2 supreme honours in the last decade though :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

I see all the quick witted ones have something to say because I omitted to say "again" .

Not quick witted, just a cnut mate. FT loves an open goal, you should know that by now. Knew what you meant. Merry Christmas by the way. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

It isn't even a debate.

Sometimes my man, the climb isn’t worth the view. Perhaps just different opinions. I’d rather win it than not win it. It’s likely the biggest trophy we can win this season. Why not leave it there. It’s nearly Christmas. Good cheer. Peace to all mankind. You know?

• Haha 1