Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

It is mate. I’ve just put it in writing for you.

You've literally just typed out a list that includes 'Ultimate Honours' and 'Supreme Honours' 

You're actually expecting people to take that seriously? lol

And how come nobody classes Newcastle winning the Championship as a major honour then?

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

You've literally just typed out a list that includes 'Ultimate Honours' and 'Supreme Honours' 

And how come nobody classes Newcastle winning the Championship as a major honour then?

Not really. Just a bit of fun

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

You didn't seriously take that list seriously did you? 

I thought it was rather witty 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

So glad DAZN chose this Stoke/Millwall match to show. It's been an absolute classic. I only wish I'd have thought to record it, so I could watch it again.

I just assume thats like the opposite of the world cups. Instead of picking out beautiful Women that are in attendance its which set is the most deformed. 

• Haha 3

Guest nathan.
3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Perfect day of results really. 

Not really I think people are sleeping on Southampton.

They are on a 15 game unbeaten run and turning draws into wins.

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

AFCON could very well derail us though.

It won’t. The ‘system’ is too strong, almost infallible now the players have confidence in it. Hopefully we will have Vardy back fit, and Casadei can fit in for Ndidi. We saw today that Yunus is more than able to fill in for Abdul albeit he’s a different player. 

8 minutes ago, nathan. said:

Not really I think people are sleeping on Southampton.

They are on a 15 game unbeaten run and turning draws into wins.

Yeah I include them in it. Putting them Leeds and Ipswich in their own mini league is good. We also, aren't losing like 6 more games than Southampton. 

We're separated from the pack. 

58 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

If the 2nd half of the season goes similar to the 1st half, the top 4 could all reach 90 points. Bet that has never happened before 

It did league one last season.  At least the top 3 were very high points totals.

I think the only way 90 is enough this season is if Leeds get second with Ipswich falling off significantly and Saints not keeping up with Leeds.  The last 6 PPG maths I did earlier in week indicates 91 would be enough but I think Leeds PPG will go up from that.

--

Update from todays games

Played 23, remaining 23
Leics 58 Last 6 16 PPG 2.67
Ipswich 52 Last 6 13 PPG 2.2
Leeds 45 Last 6 13 PPG 2.2
Southampton 45 Last 6 14 PPG 2.33

Predicted table based on current points and last 6 PPG

Leics              119
Ipswich          102
Southampton 99
Leeds              96

Points needed for autos 100

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

It did league one last season.  At least the top 3 were very high points totals.

I think the only way 90 is enough this season is if Leeds get second with Ipswich falling off significantly and Saints not keeping up with Leeds.  The last 6 PPG maths I did earlier in week indicates 91 would be enough but I think Leeds PPG will go up from that.

--

Update from todays games

Played 23, remaining 23
Leics 58 Last 6 16 PPG 2.67
Ipswich 52 Last 6 13 PPG 2.2
Leeds 45 Last 6 13 PPG 2.2
Southampton 45 Last 6 14 PPG 2.33

Predicted table based on current points and last 6 PPG

Leics              119
Ipswich          102
Southampton 99
Leeds              96

Points needed for autos 100

Sorry I only meant championship not league 1. Yeh league one often gets a few teams getting high points tallys

• Like 1

Second isn’t as good as winning, a simple fact in all sports and always has been. Proving to be better  than everyone else can inspire, breed confidence and a winning mentality and can also attract players that might otherwise go to team that won.

Second is for losers, literally. I’m a Leicester fan and want us to win by as big a margin as possible.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Just love this…

Anon: Let's keep some perspective despite an excellent Leeds performance - it says something that a team with a huge wage bill, parachute payments etc are so thrilled to beat newly promoted, hugely financially inferior Ipswich to cut the gap to *seven* points.

We will be as thrilled to widen the gap won’t we!?

• Like 1