Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Anyone getting that feeling that Southampton are gonna be the one to slide into second? 

Coming up on the rails nicely whilst Ipswich and Leeds concentrate on each other

No, Brussel will balls it up somehow

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

I agree.

I mean, don't get me wrong, relegation was an absolute scandal, but the Championship is great fun!

But we can't stay here, we need to get back up to feck up the PL pecking order as best we can :D and try to add more silverware

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, murphy said:

I agree.

I mean, don't get me wrong, relegation was an absolute scandal, but the Championship is great fun!

Hopefully the greedy 7 will fvck off to the so called Superleague some day soon!!... Best thing that can happen to English football.

58 minutes ago, Raj said:

What else can we do, stay in this league?

Premier league  is fantastic when your competing in it like we were until Brendan fecked us up last season.

Championship  is only fun when your winning.

Ask Stoke, Cov, Sunderland  fans at al how fun it is??🤣

Agree here.

It's like people being nostalgic for League One. We liked it because we won every week. Had it taken us three years to get out of it while watching clubs like Yeovil and Scunthorpe do what we couldn't, I doubt we'd look back on it with such affection. 

It's a crap league with crap clubs and crap football. We need to get out of it and reestablish ourselves back in the Premier League; pick up from where we left off before Rodgers ballsed everything up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bilo said:

It's a crap league with crap clubs and crap football. We need to get out of it and reestablish ourselves back in the Premier League; pick up from where we left off before Rodgers ballsed everything up.

It’s a real league with real fans, not the plastic fvcks that proliferate the top division on faceybooks and instatweets. 

Raj is full of shit. Sure, Sunderland fans might not be happy - but the ones who are at matches are actual fans, not tourists. The single best thing that could happen to this club is relegation instead of promotion. And I’m not even lying. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Raj said:

What else can we do, stay in this league?

Premier league  is fantastic when your competing in it like we were until Brendan fecked us up last season.

Championship  is only fun when your winning.

Ask Stoke, Cov, Sunderland  fans at al how fun it is??🤣

True, but traditionally we are a big fish in this smaller pond.  Historically, we generally do well in The Championship, hence a new record eighth title on the horizon.  We;re not Stoke,

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Daggers said:

It’s a real league with real fans, not the plastic fvcks that proliferate the top division on faceybooks and instatweets. 

Raj is full of shit. Sure, Sunderland fans might not be happy - but the ones who are at matches are actual fans, not tourists. The single best thing that could happen to this club is relegation instead of promotion. And I’m not even lying. 

…but I maybe Xmas drunk 😁

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Me too. Mind you, not looking forward to VAR again.

Virtually everytime I catch MOTD, they are discussing a VAR incident.

Funny you say that as Forest favs are going potty that they didn’t discuss the Boly red card seriously or not for long .

But yes you are quite tight - most of these shows are VAR dominated .

28 minutes ago, murphy said:

True, but traditionally we are a big fish in this smaller pond.  Historically, we generally do well in The Championship, hence a new record eighth title on the horizon.  We;re not Stoke,

We’re not atm but if we don’t go up this season then it will probably be a long haul with the number of players we’d have to sell 

I’ve said it before, but why is the Premier League seen as some holy grail ?
Yes, probably the best league in the world, but the most tedious, sanitised, Lego built stadia, VAR driven, big 6, ‘Brighton, what a model', ‘Let’s talk about Newcastle'.

Boring as f***.

I’d rather stay where we are. 

Edited by STEVIE B