Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

9 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I know that’s the template football fan response but I just don’t see it. Two of the big 6 (Man U and Chelsea) are slapped around every week. The richest club in the world (Newcastle) got beaten in a back garden in north London yday. Villa were minutes away from being top at Xmas. 
It’s an unpredictable league (shown by my acca losing every Saturday..) with thrilling matches every week. If you think it’s tedious and tired I wouldn’t know how to convince you, so fair enough! 

Spurs, Arsenal and Luton...all North London rivals 😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I know that’s the template football fan response but I just don’t see it. Two of the big 6 (Man U and Chelsea) are slapped around every week. The richest club in the world (Newcastle) got beaten in a back garden in north London yday. Villa were minutes away from being top at Xmas. 
It’s an unpredictable league (shown by my acca losing every Saturday..) with thrilling matches every week. If you think it’s tedious and tired I wouldn’t know how to convince you, so fair enough! 

Fair. You've addressed one of my points. For this season at least. 

Is anyone paying attention to the rest of the league? I know who the bottom 3 and top 4 are but I couldn't tell you about the rest. Have no idea how good WBA actually are but apparently they're sitting 5tth. We were told Preston were the real deal before we slapped them around and I see they're sitting 13th. Have they just found their level? Who ****ing knows. 

18 minutes ago, Koke said:

Is anyone paying attention to the rest of the league? I know who the bottom 3 and top 4 are but I couldn't tell you about the rest. Have no idea how good WBA actually are but apparently they're sitting 5tth. We were told Preston were the real deal before we slapped them around and I see they're sitting 13th. Have they just found their level? Who ****ing knows. 

All of the underlying data suggested that Preston's results at the start weren't sustainable. I think truthfully they're just a mid-table championship side. 

On 25/12/2023 at 00:10, Koke said:

I would be happy & proud to be a  supporter of every single  one of them

(94 Profi Clubs).. All full of their own

tradition & crap...Mainly God bless all and everyone of their supporters... 

Discuss, debate, argue, Analyse as much and as long as you like.... 

There isn't fooball without them... 

So let's all get off our high horses. 

"OUR CLUB"

is has only good as present

Seasons campaign..and then. +/- 7pts,

Gives one a fair  position to asses ones present level,riding the

" The could, should haves, maybe & ifs"

ALL above can change & differ,   ...the only one  thing one can                       not turn off..!! 

The one remaining left over.... &           EXCEPTION

Dont belittle or big it up... 

While THE league will always sort their club out, it will never  define the reason & the wherefore or whys.. No empty terasses.

We are all the

SUPPORTER.  . 

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

This Leeds side has a lot of immaturity in it and I don’t see Farke stamping it out. Very skilled, clearly, but you’ve still got Rutter slamming shots into the opposition 30 yards out and Dan James running into corners. 

They just don’t control the game and make good choices like we do. Very good on the counter if you let them, but that’s not happening here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Preston look ordinary. 
If Leeds get 1 they’ll score 3 or 4. 

They are giving it go at least.  Millar looks useful. Really just shows how difficult this league is. Lots of twists and turns to go. A win for us tonight and I think we are on the way up.

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Leeds look jaded, I hope we do make changes later 

Leeds have played the same team for about the last 15 games running apart from changing the left back more recently - and even Spence has played there for every game in December. It's no wonder they look jaded. As for us, I wouldn't want any of Saturday's team changed for the Ipswich game as the alternatives are not as good and we need our best XI on the field v Ipswich.