Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 hour ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Karlan Grant gone to Cardiff on seasons loan from West Brom

Also Aaron Ramsey retuning to Cardiff.

Bit of a contrast !

Been injured so much you wonder what impact he might have but certainly be good for them if they can keep him fit.

Edited by Super_horns

9 hours ago, moore_94 said:

We are 2nd in the all time Championship table, Barnsley are 1st

Forest are 5th, Derby are 6th, Cov are 44th

https://www.birminghamworld.uk/sport/football/all-time-championship-table-west-brom-leicester-middlesbrough-sheffield-united-grimsby-town-4219914?page=13

6th: Derby County - 3,347 points

2,340 games: 926 wins, 590 draws, 824 losses

5th: Nottingham Forest - 3,428 points

2,507 games: 920 wins, 668 draws, 919 losses

4th: Hull City - 3,452 points

2,626 games: 920 wins, 692 draws, 1,014 losses

3rd: Birmingham City - 3,668 points

2,461 games: 1,017 wins, 626 draws, 818 losses

2nd: Leicester City - 3,769 points

2,537 games: 1,040 wins, 649 draws, 848 losses

1st: Barnsley - 4,146 points

3,289 games: 1,107 wins, 825 draws, 1,357 losses

Hopefully we dont catch barnsleh any time soon

5 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Leeds announce theyll be charging away tickets at £45!

For me i think championship clubs should come together and agree everytime leeds visit charge there supporters £45 give them a taste of their own medicine. Or reduce their allocation for those games. Like when they come to us instead of 3,000 just 1,000.

Well they have to be given a minimum of 2000 in most cases. 

As for the other comment... not sure how their fans that travel all over the place in decent numbers deserve a "taste of their own medicine" for what their club has decided - which many of their lot will have to pay too!

1 minute ago, Craig said:

As for the other comment... not sure how their fans that travel all over the place in decent numbers deserve a "taste of their own medicine" for what their club has decided - which many of their lot will have to pay too!

But there fans wont pay £45 for an away ticket this season usually 

3 minutes ago, Craig said:

When there own fans are hit, they might be forced to act as a club - at the minute they don’t give a crap.

The only way to do it is either multiple sets of supporters boycott Leeds away game or other clubs charge the same.

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

When there own fans are hit, they might be forced to act as a club - at the minute they don’t give a crap.

The only way to do it is either multiple sets of supporters boycott Leeds away game or other clubs charge the same.

They are literally charging their own fans the exact same prices, and plenty of Championship clubs (probably us included) will be charging similar too.

Edited by Craig

39 minutes ago, Craig said:

They are literally charging their own fans the exact same prices, and plenty of Championship clubs (probably us included) will be charging similar too.

That’s outrageous for Championship football. Who can afford to go home and away anymore at those prices? 

14 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

Leeds losing a fair few players, Gnonto is wanted by Everton too, 

Have they actually sold anyone for upfront money yet? What’s their incomings been like? Can’t see how with FFP how they can turnover much of their playing staff?

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Have they actually sold anyone for upfront money yet? What’s their incomings been like? Can’t see how with FFP how they can turnover much of their playing staff?

i dont think theyve brought anyone in yet except for farke as manager, and theyve had a fair few outs, think least 6/7 outs either sold/loaned

surprised someone not came in for harrison yet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

i dont think theyve brought anyone in yet except for farke as manager, and theyve had a fair few outs, think least 6/7 outs either sold/loaned

surprised someone not came in for harrison yet

Because no one smart enough will give Harrison the money us and Leeds was offering. Then from his perspective why would he take less money?

12 hours ago, StanSP said:

Leeds losing another player 

Leeds are purposely getting rid of high earners so they can go mad in the window as they need to fairly balance the books for the rules of this league, it was mentioned by journalist that works closely with the ins and outs.

Only issue is they are waiting for approval from the EFL. Strong indication that they are keeping Tyler Adams, Sinisterra and possibly Harrison and Gnonto which will be excellent business for them as they will be absolute standout players in this league

2 hours ago, Dale said:

Leeds are purposely getting rid of high earners so they can go mad in the window as they need to fairly balance the books for the rules of this league, it was mentioned by journalist that works closely with the ins and outs.

Only issue is they are waiting for approval from the EFL. Strong indication that they are keeping Tyler Adams, Sinisterra and possibly Harrison and Gnonto which will be excellent business for them as they will be absolute standout players in this league

Leeds have a major problem though. They've made loads of signings in recent seasons that due to player amortisation is likely being equally spread across the next x amount of years. 

They apparently have these weird agreements in the players contracts that enable them to leave on loan. So they've got the issue of not actually selling many players to get decent bunce on the P&L but benefit from the reduced wages, as long as the signings they bring in are on less money and don't cost much in transfer fees.

6 minutes ago, Dale said:

I'm a Leeds fan but I'm not here to wind anyone up btw.

I do agree to an extent that stupid clauses were put in place with a lot of the players we bought in the prem and that was solely down to Victor Orta who was the biggest fraud there ever was. He was stealing a living for a job, he went out and spent multi millions on players that weren't fit for the prem. He put these stupid loan clauses into their contracts if we ever got relegated, Gnonto was the only one that hasn't got any clause at all.

Leeds have lost a lot of money now because of our DOF and are having to get these players wages off the books quickly in the way of loan deals because they wouldn't be allowed to bring in new players because of the EFL.

However It's been reported (by Graham Smyth who writes for the YEP and is an excellent source that this won't hinder any transfers and how much money they will spend. Under Radzrizzani this would have been an issue though. These players had to go.

I do agree Leeds had problems but don't have problems now, I'm more than pleased with bringing in Farke, we have some excellent youth that were sent out on loan and are making stances on 4 of the players who were actually the best 4 we had, even if we keep two of them it's good news.

Leicester have made a good start in buying and I'm sure you'll be up there. It's amazing that some championship teams can spend £10m on players now where as that was unheard of 5 years ago.

I hope both teams get back up there soon.

I keep forgetting you were recently bought out!!! 

6 hours ago, Dale said:

Have to agree, Leeds are the ones for me that'll be favourites to win the division. It looks like Meslier will go which will be a massive loss for them, but they reliably replace him and they'll be very strong this year. Harrison, Summerville, Gnonto and Sinisterra will all be extremely productive Championship players. Wober has alot of potential and i'd expect him to be a big player for them this season also. I think in the attacking third they're in alot stronger of a position than we are.

Be interesting to see what becomes of Joe Geldhart, they spent big money on Georginio Rutter and you'd surely expect him to do at least something in the Champ, too. Then there's the experience of Ayling, Bamford and Cooper, they'll be strong, Leeds. Farke looks like a shrewd appointment. 

Just a random weird theory of the day. If every club in the country ripped out the seats. Sold match tickets in the championship for just £10. No limit capacity. What do you think the attendance would be for an average game at the KP?

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Just a random weird theory of the day. If every club in the country ripped out the seats. Sold match tickets in the championship for just £10. No limit capacity. What do you think the attendance would be for an average game at the KP?

I’m more interested to know what you think it would be? 

Watching Wednesday in a friendly in Murcia, they look horrendously bad, a lot of players look pi$$ed off, coach in stand opposite dugout screaming at Windass who keeps waving him off. Maybe all not well in their camp u see Munoz