Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

4 hours ago, gerrytaggart said:

Rooneys managerial career is the gift that keeps on giving.

He is like one of those Russian dolls, a defeat, within a defeat, within a defeat :thumbup:

Edited by ithuriel
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, bovril said:

Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard seeing who can totally ruin their reputation the fastest 

Gerrard to his credit did well at Rangers. Then stepped up too quickly, in time with the right team around him he'd probably be a decent manager if not anywhere near elite or above lower mid prem table. 

Lampard did well at Chelsea first time and wasn't awful with Derby. But fully flopped with his next 2 roles.

Rooney did himself some credit at Derby, but has been crap since 

Edited by UniFox21

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Gerrard to his credit did well at Rangers. Then stepped up too quickly, in time with the right team around him he'd probably be a decent manager if not anywhere near elite or above lower mid prem table. 

Lampard did well at Chelsea first time and wasn't awful with Derby. But fully flopped with his next 2 roles.

Rooney did himself some credit at Derby, but has been crap since 

I think the issue with all of them is the arrogance. They go in and think they know it all and in reality you need to humble yourself and expect to learn everything from scratch. 

All of them had eyes on bigger jobs and never truly wanted to learn the ropes. 

I had high expectations of gerrard but in a similar fashion to rodgers, his stubbornness to change will always hold him back 

5 hours ago, KingsX said:

It takes more than losing to a crap Preston side to dent their confidence !

leeds-feared.JPG.861fcdeee1b4a921373d844719de2392.JPG

To be fair, we changed tactics against them - we opted to play rubbish.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I've seen plenty of Leicester fans on here say they love having no VAR but I bet a few are wishing they did tonight.

Absolutely robbed of a pen and Ipswich down to 10 men. Would have been game over after scoring that. 

It's evened out for us so far I think.

This season, 3 errors relating to stonewall penalties that I recall..

- Pen not given against us (Faes vs Sunderland) - 2 pts gained

- Pen not given for us (Fatawu vs Millwall) - 0 pts dropped

- Pen not given for us (KDH vs Ipswich) - 2 pts dropped

Similar with red cards where we might have gotten 1-2 of ours sent off in previous games, same with our opponents.

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

Southampton worry me. They are on a brilliant run and their fixtures over the next two months are very favourable. 

yes and no for me, they are on a great run but at times they dont look great, still 11 points clear and we have a better GD.

think Ipswich need to worry about them more than us atm

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I've seen plenty of Leicester fans on here say they love having no VAR but I bet a few are wishing they did tonight.

Absolutely robbed of a pen and Ipswich down to 10 men. Would have been game over after scoring that. 

Nah, you can keep VAR.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Southampton worry me. They are on a brilliant run and their fixtures over the next two months are very favourable. 

You do realise they were 9 point behind us at the start of December and are now 11 point behind us.

During the month we have pulled 2 point far ahead....

Even with there unbeaten run of 16 games, we have matched them for points over that period and won more games.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

You do realise they were 9 point behind us at the start of December and are now 11 point behind us.

During the month we have pulled 2 point far ahead....

Even with there unbeaten run of 16 games, we have matched them for points over that period and won more games.

It's more that their fixture list over the next two months looks like perfect whereas ours is far from ideal whilst having Afcon to contend with. 

Just now, BenTheFox said:

It's more that their fixture list over the next two months looks like perfect whereas ours is far from ideal whilst having Afcon to contend with. 

They still have to play 4 out of the top 6 away.

We have to play 2 of the current top 6 away.