Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Guest Kopfkino
1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Oh that's never off. 

Defender nearest to the lino is further back, he's guessed all day there.

Also absolutely awful Comms "Whittaker was by the by-line when he crosses" 

Don’t you think linos are always guessing in that situation? it’s not exactly the easiest thing to consistently spot 

Which is why they should be helped by the technology that works

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

We've had the technology to do picture in picture or half and half screens easily since the 80s.

What gives, Sky, hiding the action from us?

:dunno:

They've been doing it on the darts. Showing us someone puffing their cheeks in slow motion while the next person is banging in a 180 

Lovely ball and finish. Plymouth lad lucky not to get a red for that bit of wrestling.

Youd be forgiven for thinking that Plymouth offside call was wrong by about 2 yards by the reaction in here lol

Split second decision and was extremely tight.

The same lino made an excellent call on the offside earlier in the game.

This decision has a gnats knacker in it and the lino is all of a sudden everything thats wrong with this country lol

I honestly think VAR would have be more use in the Championship than the PL.

Some of what is given/missed is almost comical. 

I honestly don’t know what the answer is, the officials aren’t up to it, but I don’t want 5 minute delays whilst someone looks at 12 angles,15 close ups and tries to draw lines to compare someone’s elbow to a big toe

on someone’s left foot. 

Just now, Livid said:

I honestly think VAR would have be more use in the Championship than the PL.

Some of what is given/missed is almost comical. 

I honestly don’t know what the answer is, the officials aren’t up to it, but I don’t want 5 minute delays whilst someone looks at 12 angles,15 close ups and tries to draw lines to compare someone’s elbow to a big toe

on someone’s left foot. 

Well people have said they’d rather see honest real time errors than endless VAR:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Youd be forgiven for thinking that Plymouth offside call was wrong by about 2 yards by the reaction in here lol

Split second decision and was extremely tight.

It was MILES ON mate, might as well have been in his own half!*

*May contain exaggeration.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Don’t you think linos are always guessing in that situation? it’s not exactly the easiest thing to consistently spot 

Which is why they should be helped by the technology that works

You're right, a lot of them are guesses and I do respect how difficult the role is. 

In the Prem there is no excuse to not have the instant technology, whereas I think the Prem/FA should be funding it's inclusion in lower levels.

Just now, JimJams said:

It was MILES ON mate, might as well have been in his own half!*

*May contain exaggeration.

Haha :D

Literally microseconds after contact with the ball the Plymouth lad is arguably offside. Its a shame the co commentators don't point this out and just focus on the exact moment the ball was kicked rather than looking at the situation in its natural flow

I bet nobody called it being onside in real time.