Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

On 17/07/2023 at 17:26, CaliFOXnia said:

Have to agree, Leeds are the ones for me that'll be favourites to win the division. It looks like Meslier will go which will be a massive loss for them, but they reliably replace him and they'll be very strong this year. Harrison, Summerville, Gnonto and Sinisterra will all be extremely productive Championship players. Wober has alot of potential and i'd expect him to be a big player for them this season also. I think in the attacking third they're in alot stronger of a position than we are.

Be interesting to see what becomes of Joe Geldhart, they spent big money on Georginio Rutter and you'd surely expect him to do at least something in the Champ, too. Then there's the experience of Ayling, Bamford and Cooper, they'll be strong, Leeds. Farke looks like a shrewd appointment. 

I think they will struggle

Edited by whoareyaaa

Think Plymouth will be the potential 'dark horse' in the league that could surprise some; not a bad side.

In all honesty, will be quite disappointed if the potential league table finish is below 4th at worse.

There are many very average sides in there, tbh.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Think Plymouth will be the potential 'dark horse' in the league that could surprise some; not a bad side.

In all honesty, will be quite disappointed if the potential league table finish is below 4th at worse.

What makes you think that about Plymouth Wymsey? Interested to hear 

Just now, CosbehFox said:

What makes you think that about Plymouth Wymsey? Interested to hear 

Watched them a couple of times on Sky, and thought how impressive they were both on and off the ball.

Also read some good reports on how Schumacher has changed the dynamic of the team.

12 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Watching Wednesday in a friendly in Murcia, they look horrendously bad, a lot of players look pi$$ed off, coach in stand opposite dugout screaming at Windass who keeps waving him off. Maybe all not well in their camp u see Munoz

Never should have sacked Darren Moore.

11 hours ago, Wymsey said:

They’ll struggle, Ipswich are the dark horse. Much better side! 

Strange league this.. you normally have the exceptionally well managed clubs with average players do amazing.

lets hope we are exceptionally managed and have great players which i think we will. Will be a disaster not to get promoted.

16 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think they will struggle

Unfortunately no guarantees for anyone. It's a tough league.Luton did amazing going up with a £30m squad. Guess it puts things into perspective.

4 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

They’ll struggle, Ipswich are the dark horse. Much better side! 

15 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Wouldn't class Ipswich as a dark horse though, quite a few are expecting them to do well

Dark horse to finish 10th maybe.

Ipswich fans are creaming their pants about signing a nothing player like George Hirst. They'll do well to finish top half of the table.

Edited by Koke

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Ipswich fans are creaming their pants about signing a nothing player like George Hirst. They'll do well to finish top half of the table.

Honestly I think in the championship (and football league for that matter) if you can get a system that works, momentum, togetherness and a good bunch of lads that buy into the manager and the club then you’re going to have a good shot at getting into the playoffs. 

3 hours ago, Koke said:

That's us losing both games against Ipswich.

1-0 Hirst

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He's weirdly got a bad rep for anything done post-Leicester. 

Makes sense as I recall someone saying that podcast's hosts are Derby fans who switched to being a general Championship podcast for more viewers

15 minutes ago, lfu said:

Makes sense as I recall someone saying that podcast's hosts are Derby fans who switched to being a general Championship podcast for more viewers

You’d think given Pearson called Mel Morris out  before anyone else they might have changed their opinion but I’m 95% sure these guys are just interested in traffic 

• Like 1

On 18/07/2023 at 19:47, Leicesterpool said:

Just a random weird theory of the day. If every club in the country ripped out the seats. Sold match tickets in the championship for just £10. No limit capacity. What do you think the attendance would be for an average game at the KP?

Average game? 23k.

cov at home on the opening day, well at least 50k plus. Be bodies everywhere